Pelvic floor pain w/ diverticulitis

Posted , 13 users are following.

Diagnosed w/ DD 7.15.17 - 6 days in hospital, 5 days IV antibiotics, bowel rest. Anyone else have pelvic floor pain? Appears that DD affects bladder? Actually, quite a bit of pain in the lower region. Anyone else? Thanks.

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've been eating chicken noodle soup and chicken and rice soup. Egg salad on toast or saltines. Chicken breast. Rice and mashed potatoes and baked potatoes sans the skin. Chicken salad. Mac & cheese. Haven't tried fish, but will do. I'll take a look at DIVA DINER also.

Drinking Crystal Light - different flavors, iced tea. Prune juice, apple juice. Plain water isn't tasting especially good right now.

Thanks for the info.

• Posted

Thanks, Kerry.  I have eaten a lit if tjose same thi gs.  Will add chicken salad and egg salad. 

Have any if you suffered from a constant acid reflux type feeling?  I feel like drinking so much sets it off  but am not real sure.   I just feel like I have eaten a huge meal and have to belch constantly.  Ugh. Not fun at all. 

• Posted

I'm waiting for a colonoscopy to confirm diverticulitis. I thought I was crazy with this bladder issue that's started so much pressure down there actually feels like my vagina could fall out! Such strange sensations! Had yours stopped now? Anything to help? Xx

• Posted

Hi Rosanna,

The pelvic floor pain has subsided for the most part. Although when I get constipated, it rears its ugly head.

Having issues w/ regularity.

• Posted

I had a UTI along with my flare. Did a recheck of urine and still had infection even after Cipro and Flagyl. Did another round of antibiotics and has been a week since the last pill. I have pain in my pelvic floor, bladder and vagina still. I was driving myself crazy imagining that there must be more going on with me than just a flair. So thankful that I found these posts. At least now I know that this is par for the course and I need to ride it out and not panic. I am having a colonoscopy Dec. 8th and will get a better idea what is going g on.

• Posted

I have had DD for  years and the pelvic floor pain comes either with constipation or diarrhea.

Forcing or repeated bowel movements create pressure feelings in that area and I notice it more as time goes on.

It doesn’t help that the walls of your vagina weaken as time goes on so it is much more noticeable.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Ps and that also causes frequent UTI.

I’ve seen my gynecologist and recently have a pessary put in vagina. It really made a difference with the pressure feeling. It holds up the bladder and no more UTI. It’s been a blessing.

• Posted

Hi Rosanna. I've constantly got bùrning sensation and pain as I do a no.2 and I've noticed pure white discharge coming out of my vagina as I wipe. The burning pain us deep in the core of my stomach, where my womb would be but I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago! Does your pain come on strong after pooing and burn inside? 

• Posted

That's me for sure!

Except I can't get the medical community around me to help and I'm in agony 24/7 .

I don't know what to do!

• Posted

Hello. Maureen saw your txt 20days ago ive just been told i have d.d 3weeks ago but my Go said i had ibs but after year decided to do the camera i Can,t get my head around it, I'm in a terrible state and no drs help or hospital, till i found this site its if they Can,t be bothered im experciening the same as you are can any one here help please thanks maureen 2..

• Posted

I'm male, 69, still recovering from severe diverticulitis attack a month ago. I'm mostly back to normal but concerned at a weird 'empty' achy feeling at the very bottom of my abdomen, when I empty my bladder. It almost feels as though the bladder muscles are not contracting smoothly, or that they are sore, perhaps because of the tortuous cramps that accompanied the infection. It passes quickly and I'm not aware of it, until I have to empty again.Does anyone recognize this as an issue?

Thanks

Martin

• Posted

It takes at least 3 months to heal after a severe attack. I know that for sure and my back aches too. Use a heating pad on your abdomen everyday for a few days and drink lots of water. You should slowly feel better. If you still feel the same after 3 months go see your doctor. It took me at least 3 months to feel myself. Good luck and stay positive. 
    • Posted

Hey Martin,

I have DD with bad attack mid June '17 - since then I get low central pain whenever the bladder is distended (often sufficient to wake me at night before the usual need), which reduces markedly after emptying - this sounds not exactly the same as you but isn't a million miles away. In my case the tentative model is that there is a diverticulum sitting next to the bladder and gets squashed as the bladder fills. I recently had a full bladder and prostate exam (which sent a camera into the bladder in a somewhat eye-watering but pretty hilarious procedure (actually no worse and in many ways easier than a colonoscopy)) so could see nothing more arcane was going on ... so my guess is you might have something like this? I concur with Madeline below - can take some time for gut to settle down after an attack.

Probably worth checking in with your GP though - also I  do recommend the bladder exam as you'll gain peace of mind knowing nothing else strange is going on

Good luck!

James

• Posted

Hi, James

Thanks for that. Although it's not the same, it does point to the sorts of problems that continue after an attack. I,too, have had the dubious experience of cystoscopy! I'm not sure the nurse's hand will ever recover! I will see how things go and will follow your suggestion, if it continues.

Very best wishes

Martin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.