Pelvic floor pain w/ diverticulitis

Posted , 13 users are following.

Diagnosed w/ DD 7.15.17 - 6 days in hospital, 5 days IV antibiotics, bowel rest. Anyone else have pelvic floor pain? Appears that DD affects bladder? Actually, quite a bit of pain in the lower region. Anyone else? Thanks.

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had my second Diverticulitis attack in May. I have been in the middle of another for 5 days.  I went to a clear liquid diet and started the antibiotics but am still cramping and having problems having a bowel movement. Any advice?
    • Posted

Try some warm prunes. You need to get your bowels moving. Go to pharmacy and ask for a good probiotic. That will help get you back on track. Also for the cramps try a lot warm heating pad . It really helps. If not better call or go see doctor. Good luck🙏.

• Posted

I take one aloe Vera colon cleanse tablet every night as well as pure aloe Vera juice two or three times a day both from Holland &  Barret , these tend to keep me regular however I do get a lot of discomfort in the lower left side but most of the time it's nothing I can't handle.

i was diagnosed 3 years ago after a scan and a colonoscopy and in that time I have probably had 3 or 4 bad flare ups that  generally last for a few weeks that's probably because I am stressing thinking it could be something more serious having already had ovarian cancer.

• Posted

Thank you. Will check into the Aloe Vera stuff.  Funny thing is, I don't have a problem being regular except in the middle of this attack.  I am having back pain this time as well.  One more question:  do you end up with yeast infections from the antibiotics?  

• Posted

yes! Yeast infections. When I was in the hospital, on massive IV antibiotics (I believe every antibiotic known to man) ... I came home with a doozie of one. YIKES! Yogurt.
    • Posted

Yogurt?  Yay!  I can do yogurt.  So no OTC meds needed?
    • Posted

I took probiotic while on antibiotics.  Really helped.  Yogurt wasn't enough for me.

• Posted

I get confused about the "fiber" thing also ... Since 7.15.17, first attack, I've been on liquid and soft foods. I really am afraid to eat anything. As far as constipation, I've been drinking a glass of prune juice a day and it seems to help.

Anyone else's taste buds change? I used to drink Crystal Light Peach mango green tea 24/7 - now it doesn't take as good as before. Sure, I love Kool-Aid, but all the sugar, I've quit and trying other flavors in the Crystal Light family.

Probiotic ... which ones are best? Thanks!

• Posted

I am going to try the Prune juice.  Hoping i can learn to avoid these attacks.  
    • Posted

Can any of you share what foods you eat and things to drink?  I find myself dehydrating and hungry because I am not sure  what to eat. I have been having lots of indigestion, it seems, but not eating much. I drink water, tea, and juice basically. Oh, and broth. 
    • Posted

Hi MJ - if you go to the DIVI DINERS forum there is loads of discussion over what people have found works well for them (years of it in fact!).

I think to some extent you have to experiment - for me the hardest thing is judging when its safe to move back into the fiber world. The doctor I saw in France, as standard, printed a diet sheet. After the liquid phase it had things like, rice, pasta, white meat and fish (not tuna and salmon), dry biscuit, juices...personally I've found rice and grilled chicken (chopped fine or heavily chewed) goes down well - also rice and white fish. On the juice side Ive been getting a lot out of the Juice Diets - these are blended combinations of e.g. apples,pears, avocado, etc etc with the insoluble fiber striped out - they seem to have worked very well. But go through DIVI DINERS as there is loads of advise in that!

All the best 

James 

• Posted

Thank you, James. I will go look DD up. I appreciate the info greatly. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.