Pelvic pain after biopsy

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello. I had a uterine biopsy this morning and all day I have had mild pelvic discomfort and pain, even in the area around my ovaries.   Anyone felt this?  I am sort of wondering if it is psychosomatic since I also have severe anxiety around medical issues and just the word biopsy freaks me out.  

Thanks in advance!!

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Seems logical that you would have some pain after a biopsy. You should check with your doc though. 
  • Posted

Hi Tracey,

My uterine biopsy was the most painful procedure I've ever endured awake.  I had a light period and bad cramps for at least 2 days afterwards. I'm not sure if yours was like mine. But my Dr. put what looked like an extended wire hanger up in my business and then twirled it like a child with a straw.  

Not psychosomatic at all! 

• Posted

Mine was painful too. I heard some people received pain medication. I did not.
    • Posted

Pain wasn't bad enough for the risk of a general for me (I have a thing about being put out)- yes, it was significant pain but it was over so quickly.  More concerning has been the ongoing bleeding - it's day 4 and it's as if I have a period again.  I called the doctor's office this morning and was told that this can happen for a week afterwards.  That was good to know - I was getting worried.  Because, you know, menopause = anxiety!

• Posted

Totally agree about being knocked out! I heard some receive pain meds though. I did not bleed afterwards, but I've already gone through menopause (5 years ago).

• Posted

Hi Tracey,

My uterine biopsy was the most painful procedure I've ever endured awake.  I had a light period and bad cramps for at least 2 days afterwards. I'm not sure if yours was like mine. But my Dr. put what looked like an extended wire hanger up in my business and then twirled it like a child with a straw.  

• Posted

Hi Tracey,

• Posted

I am hoping anyone’s can tell me something. I am on DAY SIX of debilitating pain after a routine uterus biopsy!! The pain has travelled down into my ovaries (Or that’s the best guess that I can tell).  I have been taking ibuprofen every 4-6 hours and they gave me antibiotics.  They said I have a bladder infection and that’s what is causing the pain.  They took a urine sample right before the biopsy.  I had no symptoms at all of a bladder infection, but did what they told me to. I am so sick of this pain!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.