Pelvic ultrasound

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am waiting on results. In the meantime, I figured I would ask if this scenario sounds familiar to anyone. For the past 6-7 months my periods have become increasingly painful. Pelvic pain, lower abdominal pain, pain in my hip joints, groin area and upper thighs. It really feels like labor pains. And then a couple of weeks before my last period, I had a sudden sharp pain on the right side. So bad it scared me, but was quick. It happened 2 more times that day and then just ached a little and then gone. I'm thinking ovarian cyst burst? Some endometriosis possibly? Do either one of these go hand in hand with peri? Do they usually resolve after peri? I know endo doesn't usually show up on US unless it's pretty bad, but she said we had to start there. Thanks for any info.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The pain is worse just before a period during a period and after your period for a few days and also around ovulation time. These are the times when cysts either resolve or grow further. You may also have headaches, breast tenderness, joint and muscle pain, nausea, pain under your ribs on the same side as the cyst. Also digestive issues like constipation or diarrhea and indigestion are common with cysts. The pain can be sharp stabbing pains which comes and goes or a pulling dragging sensation where the cyst is and pressure on your lower back, hips and lower pelvic area and groin pain. Periods can be heavier and more clots with cysts or extremely light and you might miss periods or it might come late. They are extremely common in Peri due to fluctuating hormones and anovulatory cycles and can linger for a while but most resolve in there own in time. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.