Penis foreskin cracks during sex, peeling skin, dots and spots [documented]

Posted , 25 users are following.

Hi,

First of all thank you for your time and sorry for the long post,

I'm a healthy 29y old male and in the past 8 months I've been having some problems when having sex. Around February I've noticed some cracks on my foreskin image, at the time i didn't thought much of it, and it eventually healed up, after that, every time i had my foreskin would always crack in the same spots with the same pattern, and it started to appear even more cracks imageimage, when they happen during sex, i can clearly feel them and it stings a little, but after the act, i would clean it with lukewarm water and i would only feel an occasional sting or 2, and, along with the cracks, i also feel the area where the cracks are very very raw and sensitive to the touch, the rest of the penis is fine. In the healing process, after 1 or 2 days, my skin would feel very dry, accompanied by some peeling skin where the cracks where imageimageimage, that area of the skin, eventually they would heal up, but the skin in that area looks a bit darker than the rest image, the dryness i would fight it with some moisturizer.

In all this months I've tried some approaches to tackle this without success, i used a cleaning solution with neutral PH and no fragrances, anti candida fungal ointment, topical steroid cream, fusidic acid and also elidel, already went to 2 different dermatologists, and the problem still persists, with a down side, that now, it seems to be getting worse as some dots started to appear on the glad imageimageimageimageimage and also on the foreskin area imageimage. Along with all of the this, the redder area of the skin sometimes when is dryer it also looks shinier. I'm posting here in hope of some advice of someone who has gone through the same thing. Before all of this, i had a normal sex life with no problems whatsoever.

Best regards, Thank you,

0 likes, 78 replies

78 Replies

Next
  • Posted

its clear to see you have some sort of skin condition going off there, id be thinking along the lines of a type of dermitis, you really need to see your dr with that, a prescription of dermol 500 cream to start with and see how this goes. you may be using an extremely harsh soap/ shower gel and using it in your genital region causing this.

good luck.

Report Reply
    • Posted

I've already gone to 3 dermatologists 1 urologist , and tried all the above ointments i stated without any noticeable improvement. changed the cleaning soap for a really soft one i got for sensitive skin and without any fragrance whatsoever. I'm in a real pickle here. Getting desperate about solving this, and I'm really trying to avoid the extreme path of circumcision because i have read around that it will decrease sensitivity. thank you

Report Reply
  • Posted

Another update, i went to a 4th dermatologist and got prescribed a treatment for 30 days with 2 ointments (Locoid at night and dermalibour+ in the morning). I'm now on the 5th day, and so far i can see some mild improvements on the skin (usually in the morning, its red area clears up a bit), but aside that, i still fell that the rest of the skin is still getting really dry, and sometimes small red dots appear on the gland (without any pain or bumps). I'll try to keep you posted on the evolution.

Report Reply
  • Posted

It seems to be a fungal infection. Applying some coconut oil twice daily can give some relief. If it doesn't help, look for an antifungal cream. For me, Fugacil clears the infection within several days to a week.

Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi, have you read the full post? i've already tried several antifungal creams , and the problem is still here . even with the latest treatment it does not seem to be getting any better, since the red area still shows very clearly with no signs of getting better.

Report Reply
  • Posted

Looks painful. Check out balanitis see if it fits your symptoms. Good luck hope you can get it resolved

Report Reply
    • Posted

If i engage in sexual activity it will crack and it stings. Aside that no pain at all. I think it was balanitis in the beginning, but i might have overlooked it for so long (almost 7 months) that now it might have evolved to something way worse and more difficult (or even impossible) to reverse. I can almost relate the beginning of some symptoms, like dryness of the skin, to a infection i had 1 and a half year ago, where i was treated with some antibiotics. At the time i noticed the infection cause i had blood mixed with urine, but eventually with the medication it went away. I'm really freaking out with this. 😦

Report Reply
    • Posted

The disease can absolutely turn into something else. From what i just read some require circumcision or a biopsy of the skin around foreskin to rule out other things . also found cream that is suppose to help. Sorry you're going through this.

Report Reply
  • Posted

Well, this is getting quite frustrating, but, 1 month in the treatment went again to the dermatologist since the condition as shown no signs of improvement, every time i start to manually stretch the skin, it immediately starts ripping on the same spots. At this point i was told by the doctor to do 1 month cycle of corticosteroid medication (Methylprednisolone), and if it shows no effect, i will need to undergo a skin biopsy. The worst part is that I've been experiencing some light hematospermia and it seems to be worsening.

Report Reply
  • Posted

I SEEM TO BE DEVELOPING A VERY SIMILAR CASE WITH THE CRACKING OF THE SKIN ALONG THE SHAFT OF MY PENIS. DID YOU EVER FIGURE OUT A TREATMENT OR WHAT THE CAUSE WAS?

Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi, up until today I'm still trying to figure out the cause, by doing several treatments and I've already gone to more than 5 different doctors (between urologists and dermatologists). So far I have been able to pin point the problem and what's causing it, but i have no permanent solution. So if i refrain from all sex related activities (intercourse, oral, etc) the cuts seem to heal up nicely, but when i take a really good look at it i can clearly see some places along the cut "lines" where the skin hasn't healed completely, looks like the top layer of the skin never grows back to completely close the cut. I've i try any sort of sexual activity the skill will tear again, starting exactly on the places the skin wasn't healed completely and start to grow if i continue the activity. I've also found that if i use a condom during intercourse, i can endure sexual encounter without any tearing, but in the places where the tearing usually happens will feel a bit raw and very sensitive to touch. After a lot of consideration and consults with several doctors we've reached the conclusion that the only way to go will be a circumcision, because in my case, even with the strongest corticosteroid ointments the skin has not shown any signs of improvement. I hope this extra info helps you, as this is a very uncomfortable situation.

Report Reply
    • Posted

My doctor wants to test me for all sorts of sexually transmitted diseases. I have no reason to suspect ive been exposed to anything Were you tested for STI's during your process?

Report Reply
    • Posted

hello, i have the exact same symptoms, and have no diagnosis yet, but looks like some kind of virus or fung infection, and i would add, that if the condition is repeated always in the same area, it points more to virus than fungus. Have you done the STI's test?

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up