Penis foreskin cracks during sex, peeling skin, dots and spots [documented]

Posted , 306 users are following.

Hi,

First of all thank you for your time and sorry for the long post,

I'm a healthy 29y old male and in the past 8 months I've been having some problems when having sex. Around February I've noticed some cracks on my foreskin image, at the time i didn't thought much of it, and it eventually healed up, after that, every time i had my foreskin would always crack in the same spots with the same pattern, and it started to appear even more cracks imageimage, when they happen during sex, i can clearly feel them and it stings a little, but after the act, i would clean it with lukewarm water and i would only feel an occasional sting or 2, and, along with the cracks, i also feel the area where the cracks are very very raw and sensitive to the touch, the rest of the penis is fine. In the healing process, after 1 or 2 days, my skin would feel very dry, accompanied by some peeling skin where the cracks where imageimageimage, that area of the skin, eventually they would heal up, but the skin in that area looks a bit darker than the rest image, the dryness i would fight it with some moisturizer.

In all this months I've tried some approaches to tackle this without success, i used a cleaning solution with neutral PH and no fragrances, anti candida fungal ointment, topical steroid cream, fusidic acid and also elidel, already went to 2 different dermatologists, and the problem still persists, with a down side, that now, it seems to be getting worse as some dots started to appear on the glad imageimageimageimageimage and also on the foreskin area imageimage. Along with all of the this, the redder area of the skin sometimes when is dryer it also looks shinier. I'm posting here in hope of some advice of someone who has gone through the same thing. Before all of this, i had a normal sex life with no problems whatsoever.

Best regards, Thank you,

11 likes, 536 replies

536 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I get this to but not had it with all partners, just a couple so wondering if it is something connected with a yeast infection. Does using lube help you or do you still get it. Stings like a bugger.

• Edited

It's a fungal/bacterial skin infection. Can be caused or triggered by unsanitary hygienic conditions or intercourse with a female who has yeast, bacterial vaginosis, or STD then not washing your penis off immediately thereafter after intercourse with a woman who has one of the aforementioned active infections. Should be taken seriously and treated as soon as possible because it WILL GET WORSE AND SPREAD to different areas of your penis eventually if left untreated and simply applying various moisturizers or OTC ointments only temporarily mask condition and doesn't eradicate the infection.

I recommend taking both prescription bacterial ointment & fungus cream I was prescribed to rid yourself of this infection quickly (as treatment only last 10 days) so it doesn't return. Then after cured make sure your keeping hygienic practices at all times or if got from sex to use condom because even if women are STD free they can cause guys to get this type of infection because what's not part of regular STD testing that most women don't get tested for regularly is BV and Yeast which is what causes this infection on men skin when left unintentionally or intentionally uncleaned after I sex.

• Posted

Sure, see below. I was prescribed the following and saw drastic improvement after 2 days and a full recovery after completing 10 day treatment with no cracking, dryness, peeling, or abraisions ever reoccurring and my skin went back to completely normal with no residual effects thank God. Also note, I personally applied to full penis not just problem area during this period too ensure that the entire area is infection free at end because just because symptoms aren't visibly apparent to naked eye in other areas doesn't mean the infection isn't present. Anyways, I really hope this works for you too!

1. Mupirocin 2% Ointment (3/day for 10 days)
      2. Clotrimazole-betamethasone cream (2/day for 10 days)
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your response,

When you're applying both creams 2-3 times a day each, do the creams end up getting mixed together on your penis?Also just curious if you have any before after pics you'd be willing to share? No pressure obviously, I just think it will really help in putting our minds at ease to see and know you had same issue as us and that it can be cured. Again thanks very much for your post!

• Edited

@imjusthonest I have read that Bacterial Vaginosis is not contagious to a male's penis. Also an STD infection would be different and likely incurable... can you elaborate where you got this information from?

• Edited

Hello, upon reading thread and also your case, I believe we have the same skin condition.

1. Contrary to circumcision, I think that is not the solution. I am circumcised because that is the custom in my country. Maybe the dermatologist told it in order not to aggravate of the case(for healing purposes?)
    2. I actually found out the solution in this email thread. Please see below photo. Thanks to @mandy933 for sharing your medication.
    3. I never tried to consult dermatologist for a fear of suspecting it was STD but I am very glad it is NOT.
    4. This cream had just resolved my problem. Since PIMAFUCORT is not available in our country, I tried to look in the composition of this cream so I tried HYDROCORTISONE (1% w/w)10mg/g , luckily it was available. After applying it for 2 or 3 days, the problem has just been resolved completely. I am completely healed.

Maybe you could try hydrocortisone as well. Can someone tell me what is this condition? This is fungi, right? And not a virus?

• Posted

Hydrocortisone is for bacterial infections, I believe Pimafucort a combination of both antibacterial and antifungal medications. What did you doctor say when they gave you the medication, did they diagnose the issue?

• Posted

actually I did not consult and never consult with Doctor regarding this case because of fear of knowing what this skin of condition is.

What I did was to look on internet (I did not stop searching for this skin issue) regarding this condition and it happened I found this thread with the same exact condition.

And then, there's comment that he used** Pimafucort , unfortunately it's not available in our country so I looked in the composition of pimafucort (hydrocortisone,neomycin,natamycin). Luckily there is hydrocortisone available in the local pharmacy in our country. I used it and it healed the crack, it healed the spot/dots and now it's totally gone.

I don't know but it works in my case.

• Posted

Did the cream that you got only have hydrocortisone in it or did it also have the other ingredients as well? Also where did you order it from?

• Posted

Do you know what exactly this skin condition? is it fungi?STD? or what?

• Posted

Not a single person in this thread has been able to comment on what the condition is called. All we seem to know is that it's a fungal infection made worse by continuous skin tearing. If you get a diagnosis from a doctor please share.

• Posted

yes.. I still don't know. After all the diagnosis.. I have not tried to visit doctor for diagnosis and if ever I were to visit the doctor, I think they will do the same procedure (e.g. test for std/sti, biopsy) and this led to nothing. I tried to stop this week of applying hydrocortisone, i saw a very small tear in my skin. Normally I always apply the cream that is why I am not complaining it return back. I just tried this week what happen if i did not apply.

• Posted

Dear all.

My story is that I was diagnosed with Lichen Sclerosus. This made my foreskin too tight, and after first attempting partial circumsision i decided to get a full circumcision. All was good for a while, but then the symptoms came back, except there is no tightening, but instead extremely fragile skin, like the ones presented by the creator of this topic. Wounds opening after sex etc etc, exactly the same as the other's here.

My doctor thinks it's still Lichen Sclerosus, a permanent chronic condition, which symptoms can be fought, but in most cases it will still come back.

I have tried Dermovat (cortisone), Elidel, and I'm now trying what some of you have recommended,

Mupirocin 2% (against bacteria)

Clotrimazole (against fungi)

I'm 4 day into treatment and I have seen no improvement whatsoever. My next step is probably to order Pimafucort since it could be that it is the combination of cortison, anti-fungi and anti-bacteria that has done it for you guys, I'm not sure, because I treat what I have right now with everything except the cortison.

However Pimafucort is not available in my country. Perhaps it is hydrocortison that is the solution, but the problem is that hydrocortison is mostly for moisture, and has a low amount of cortison, and I find it highly unlikely that a weaker cortison-ointment would be the solution, when a stronger cortison doesn't work.

What are your thoughts? And you guys who have tried Pimafucort or the combination of Mupirocin and Clotrimazole-Betamethasone, has the skin healed completely and the symptoms not come back since then?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.