Penis glans discolouration

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there, over the past couple of weeks or so, I've noticed that the tip of the head of my penis has gone from red to white. Sometimes it can fade back to being close to normal but other times the discouloration is very evident. I am a 23 year old overweight male with an uncircumcised penis. Never encountered this situation before so I would really appreciate some feedback and reassurance. Thanks.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

May be Balanitis. Initially, I would try an over the counter antifungal cream like Daktarin or Canesten. Might be worth getting checked for diabetes as it can be a sign of onset of sugar imbalance on your body.
    • Posted

thank you, i have pictures if it helps to identify it more, thank you for responding
  • Posted

It looks as though the white part is where your foreskin doesn’t cover the tip. Does it get rubbed in your underwear?
    • Posted

I wouldn't say so, the foreskin is just retracted for the photos. Does it still look anything like what you originally thought? Maybe it's a reaction to a shower gel? Or maybe still a blood flow problem?

• Posted

I meant, if your foreskin, when forward, doesn't fully cover the glans, there might be some exposure, but if the tip is fully covered my question doesn't apply.

I think there's really no problem with the blood supply. It's just the surface that seems to be affected. Have you started with the anti-fungal cream?

• Posted

Thanks for your response. The tip is fully covered usually. Unfortunately I haven't been able to go anywhere to purchase cream today, do they only sell it in chemist's or is it something you can buy in a supermarket?

• Posted

You can get them in a supermarket.  Canesten is also commonly used for athlete's foot and female thrush.

I think I'd see a doctor about that though, as the discoloration is pronounced and unusual.  Maybe it is only balanitis, but it doesn't look like a regular case.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

• Posted

thank you for the response, i am going to start with the home treatment and then if it continues i shall be looking into seeking advice from a doctor, i will do my best to update this when i have more info.
  • Posted

ok guys, i'm back with an update. I went to my GP to get it checked out and they said that it is a fungal infection and have been prescribed with canesten with hydrocortisone for the next 2 weeks. hopefully that will clear things up.

• Posted

after 2 weeks of using the cream, no change. need to book another appointment, if anyone has any idea what this could be, please let me know, thanks.
  • Posted

ok so latest update. after seeing a second doctor, he thinks i have penile psoriasis and have been prescribed with another cream to use for 4 weeks and to moisturise during the day, apparently i don't need to visit anynore and thats all i can do, fingers crossed

• Posted

I have the same exact issue any updates on a fix for this would be greatly appreciated doctors lack knowledge in this situation because I went by one and he said. It looks like nothing 😑

• Posted

hi there mcjimmyv i know this thread was awhile along!

but my partner has the EXACT same thing as you posted in your pictures!

im hoping you found some answers and can help us?

😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.