Penis pain when erect

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

I have been experiencing a pain in the shaft of my penis when erect, just below the penis head, on the side opposite to my body. This pain comes as soon as the penis starts to get erect and hurts constantly when erect and the pain feels exactly the same feeling as when you leave your hand in ice for too long.

I have spoken to a urologist and undergone a GP examination with this and both have drawn a blank. The skin does feel a bit thicker than normal and there are no bends in my penis that I haven't noticed before, or any trauma to the penis.

This has been happening for around 3 months now, does anybody have any ideas or solutions? I tried refraining from any masturbation for 6 weeks and this had no impact. The urologist suggested masturbating more often to get the penis used to it again and I have been doing this for around a month with no progress. There is a pain still after ejaculation and the penis is sore for an hour or two after masturbation.

Any help will be massively appreciated.

1 like, 71 replies

71 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Do you have any photos of your erect penis?

• Edited

Thanks for your reply.

Other reply is being moderated so, I have uploaded the images here

imageimage

There is a slight curve but I have not noticed whether or not this has been present before I was having the pain. Recently I have had a feeling of numbness in the penis when I have been erect for longer than around 5 minutes.

• Posted

still waiting for the moderators to allow my images, sorry 🙄

• Posted

No worries. In the meantime, are you cut/uncut? Any pain when urinating flaccid?

• Posted

I noticed the slight bend as well just below the area you mentioned is experiencing pain. Does the pain increase as you begin to ejaculate? Any pain in your testicles? Is your frenulum intact and looking healthy?

• Posted

Thanks for your response.

I am uncut and only pain when urinating for a while after masturbation. I would say the pain is worse at ejaculation, yea. No pain in testicles at all and no problems with the frenulum and no change there as far as i can see. I think the frenulum would have been checked by the doctor i think too.

Thanks for your help!

• Posted

Nope, I thought they would have checked for this tbh. How is this diagnosed?

Do you know how it's treated also if this is the problem?

Thanks

• Posted

A physical exam and/or ultrasound could be used to diagnose. Since this is a new issue, applying traction to the penis usually resolves it. Can the bend be seen more clearly if you pull your foreskin back and expose your head and top part of the shaft while erect?

• Edited

What do you mean when you say apply traction? Sorry.

Not really sure about the curve when the foreskin is back so I've attached a couple of images that I've taken today.

imageimage

• Posted

It is a device. Check out Penile Traction Therapy. Would only be needed if your doctor thinks you have peyronies.

• Posted

OK great, thanks again for your help!

Would you think that it looks like peyronies? Should I just get back onto my doctors in this case then?

• Posted

I think its worth having it checked out again to due to pain you are experiencing. Wouldn't want the pain or potential curve progress further.

• Posted

OK no problem. I have called to book an appointment.

Thanks for your help:)

• Posted

Hey mate,

Sorry for the delay. Finally got to the doctors and I've been given a cream called Betnovate to be used on the Frenulum as he thought that would be causing the pain.

I've used it for a week now and still no better whenever I'm erect, although the course is for 3 weeks. I'm actually having pain now on the near side of the upper shaft of my penis when flaccid and when erect 😦

Not sure what to do at this point, I've mentioned the slight curve to the doc and he said unless it's significantly curved, that is likely nothing to worry about. The best way I can describe the pain is that it's just sore when flaccid atm, and painful if I squeeze at all on the shift just below the head.

Any ideas of what could be causing this? Anything I could suggest to my doc?

Thanks man 🙂

• Edited

Your doctor could be correct! I did not have the chance to take a look at your frenulum very well, so that could very well be causing the pain.

• Edited

Hey,

Doesnt look like we can share contact details here so can we proceed here? Im having trouvle with needing to urinate more now or not finishing properly. Could this be related? Maybe related to the cream that the doc has given me?

• Posted

What about the pain? Has anything else changed? Is your curvature becoming more pronounced? Are you able to ejaculate normally? What kind of cream is it?

• Posted

No change in the pain to be honest, the curvature potentially but nothing extremely noticeable. Ejaculation is perfectly normal yep, the cream is Bentovate or something similar.

• Edited

I think that could be where the pain is coming from to be honest. It feels as though there is constantly urine there and it's sore when I constantly need to go at the moment. Definitely underneath the head in the shaft is where the pain is at the moment, when flaccid and erect.

If I "squeeze" any part of the shaft between two fingers when flaccid or erect, this is painful enough to have to stop immediately. Just extremely uncomfortable. I've tried to get back in to see my doc this week but he's on holiday until next week, of course -_-

• Posted

Any visible signs or changes to the urethra? Have you had any STI's in the past?

• Posted

Curvature worse or getting better? Hmmm its weird that its hard to finish urinating but ejaculation is unhindered. Do you think the cream is working for you at all?

• Posted

Nothing visible at all, everything looks normal to me. I've not had any STI's nope. Not currently sexually active either as of a few months before this pain started.

• Posted

The curvature looks to be getting a little worse if anything.

The cream hasn't done a thing if I'm honest.

• Posted

The pain over the last day or so has been noticeable throughout the day when flaccid also. Feeling painful whenever it feels as though I have urine ready to come out.

Super sensitive to apply any pressure too and I can't see a doc now until Tuesday -_-

• Posted

what colour is your urine? Does it come out purely liquid, or slightly frothy?

I saw you mentioned you think your curving a little more than before?

• Edited

The urine is slightly frothy sometimes tbh but sometimes clear also. Honestly I'm not sure about the curvature so I've attached a couple of recent photos. What do you think?

• Posted

There is a slight curve, but it does not look very bad at the moment. Can you fully retract your foreskin to expose your meatus to take a look?

• Edited

Hey mate,

Tried to attach the photo but they deleted it. Meatus looks completely normal, no changes there. Really no idea what can be causing the pain, mainly when erect, just a bit sore when flaccid.

Urinating still a little often and not feeling as though I've finished, but I think this could be psychological to be honest. Any thoughts?

cheers

• Edited

Sorry for the delay mate. When you are masturbating, does your penis begin go curve more than it does in a relaxed, erect position? Is your cum normal?

I think the mods went in a delete spree because of that spammer.

• Posted

Mine tends to curve more the harder it gets. And as far as the my cum I guess it looks normal nothing really to compare it too lol!

• Posted

Any changes in shape, size, or feeling? still dealing with this pain and its getting to be a little frustrating at this point. Hope everything is on the up and up for you my friend.

• Edited

Hi guys,

No worries man.

It doesn't seem that way, only ever the same slight curve that there is at the moment. I'd say the curve is 20/30 degrees maximum at any time. Cum is totally normal.

@dan29633 No changes that I have noticed to be honest, pain in the same and still the same sorta numbness when I've been erect for any length of time. I understand the frustration man, it's a nightmare!

@c87438 What do you think could be causing it? Are there any symptoms or likely chance of it being peyronies?

• Posted

See I dont get the numbness just the soreness. I almost wish i did get some numbness to help the pain. Somehow we all need to exchange info so we can not always be waiting for a response lol.

• Posted

Ill try and get a photo tonight of my cum so you can take a look at it. Sorry its taking forever. we gotta exchange email or something this phone tag is killing me

• Edited

lol I know what you mean man, I don't think we can share any contacts on here though.

It hurts as I cum yeah, like just more of a sharper pain pain usual as it happens.

• Posted

I believe a curve over 30 degrees would begin to raise concerns of peyronies. However, the plaque that forms during peyronies is normally located on the top of the shaft. Since you experience your pain on the bottom and tip, it is likely something else. Since you have pain when cumming, do you think the pain is coming from inside your urethra?

• Edited

Sounds good. I wish there was some way we could exchange info, but these mods are out of control deleting regular replies as well.

• Edited

yeah i know what you mean. maybe we are the only two lol

• Edited

You have to go to your privacy settings and enable messaging.

• Posted

i never saw what you messaged me yesterday they closed it before i was up for work lol

• Edited

Damn! I dont remember! i hope its not down long.

• Posted

It seems like its not supposed to be but who knows..... 3 years later lol

• Posted

How does this happen? and can it be resolved? 🙏

• Posted

i have no idea ethier answer and i have it myself too . did you get covid vaccine ?

• Posted

I did yeah, due another one tomorrow as it happens!

• Posted

have you got covid vaccine long ago before the balantitis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.