People don’t understand ... how bad this is

Posted , 25 users are following.

I think there’s quite a big disparity in women’s symptoms on here . I’m at a 10 with this which means I can’t do normal things like socialize . I see some women writing that they went out met friends went to a game . 

I am debilitated . I am constantly tired from the moment I wake up I’m just waiting for the clock to tick so I can go back to bed . I believe women who never had children get it worse. 

I appreciate all the comments and caring as some ladies have said ‘move closer to your family ‘ etc. but I don’t think they understand that I can’t do barely anything . 

5 likes, 96 replies

96 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm so sorry your not feeling well, it makes 2 of us...the surprising thing is how unprepared I was. No one told me perimenopause could be so difficult, for me especially the emotional side.

I wish there were clinics you could visit that could treat the whole woman, even have actual support groups, although this forum is amazing, Thank God. I haven't found any in Miami.

I hope we go through this quickly.

Blessings

• Posted

So uneducated I’m embarrassed to say . I had NO CLUE !  So yes that makes 2 of us . I’m having a late night tonight 8.30pm woohoo!

If women would have shared this with me boy I would have so appreciated and prepared for it. I mean when you’ve got turbulence the captain warms you ! However I feel like  it’s taboo like saying youve been arrested they just DO NOT talk about it ? 

Anyway I’m here completely paralyzed by this .... 

• Posted

Hi lori....

You hit the nail on m the head when you compare this to turbulence! And our captains were women before us, and our doctors...they didnt warn us at all.

This is so much more than hot flashes - that's all doctors will talk about. My friends and sisters have realized that although we all got the talk about "becoming a woman", NONE of us got any advice about this stage of womanhood - it was apparently taboo to talk about it.

So I believe that this forum and others like it are our "peri and meno clinics" until a wise doctor listens to her/his patients and opens one in every city worldwide.

Maybe we should do it ...

• Posted

Yes there’s loads of info and advice when you start your period but when they stop it’s like crickets ! And yes this forum has taught me a lot a made me realize that I’m not the odd one out . 
    • Posted

Yes that’s all I knew about it was hot flashes and that your private parts might get dry . Why oh why is this not a bigger subject ? 

• Posted

Hi Lori.  And that is why I am lying here at 11:30 pm looking for someone that understands how I feel.   And a menopause clinic would be wonderful.  I am so tired of these new symptoms.  Just when I think I have had them all.  Than I google and then I’m done for.
    • Posted

hi Lori,

I google too.  We attempt to find peace or relief and end up finding out we are up for

god knows how long of this crap, and how severe we have no idea.  It's the unknown that sucks.

I take it day by day now.  Breathe! stretch. (big help) for the aches if you have them.  I sleep pretty good but that's all I wanna do.  Not sure which is worse, too  much or not enough.  I am just so sad and isolated feeling even though I am not alone.  I feel like family tired of hearing about it so that makes it worse.

My advice,  don't goodle period!

• Posted

I'm sorry, 2chr2015.  Got too many emails going on...

• Posted

Yes ! No matter how many people you’re around you still feel like you’re on the outside looking in .... not present 
  • Edited

Hi Lori,

I understand completely how you feel. I am an incredibly strong and resourceful woman (an athlete, entrepreneur, high energy type person), and this perimenopausal experience has been absolutely devastating. The anxiety, fear, dark depression, despair, isolation, and terror that I have gone through have been beyond comprehension. If is wasn't for my stubbornness to plow through it, the incredible support network around me, and my belief that I would get to the other side, I don't think I would even be here! It has been that bad!

I agree that when some women on the forum suggest going out for wine with their girlfriends as an answer, they are clearly not experiencing the severity of symptoms that we are having to endure.

Yes, I have heard that women who don't have children get more intense symptoms. I do not have children.

Some days I could barely move, and the thought of even getting up and into the shower seemed beyond my grasp and comprehension.

I am with you in your experience, and I understand you.

Sending supportsmile

• Edited

Bev, I completely get what you're going through.

I'm 43 and been experiencing perimenopause symptoms for a year and a half.. like you, I was a strong, independent and for and healthy person.

This has completely changed me and I have and am still experiencing the same symptoms and feelings as you describe.

It really is horrific how hormones can break a person...

• Posted

Yes it’s like that happiness gene has gone !we have to motivate ourselves and personally I didn’t need much to make me happy a nice run a  glass of wine a bit of online shopping a good tv show . I don’t ask for much .... if I don’t get 12 hours sleep I’m honestly screwed .
    • Posted

You sound so much like myself so I think there’s a big difference for women who haven’t had kids .

I too was a force to be reckoned with I’m tough but now feel completely broken .

I’m really ‘trying ‘ getting early nights taking all my vitamins doing acupuncture but I feel like it’s so much work to just feel ‘normal’ .

How can you function when all you think about is going to bed and waking up praying our mood will turn around . Hoping this HRT works soon .... I’d take anything right now to feel normal

• Posted

Yes.  The belief that we will get to the other side.  We need that hope.  Maybe I will start repeating that.  And maybe it will help
    • Posted

yes bev ive heard that too.  i have a cousin who has this so bad she quit work  a good job and was a very hard worker with good wk ethics.  heart palpitations had her thinking heart attack several times.   ambulance runs   bunch of bills.   found nothing.  hormones  was the culprit!    she has no children.    hrt put her back in the map.  
    • Posted

I completely believe that ! Ended up in emergency myself . Thank God the HRT worked for her ! I just completed my first week here’s hoping ! 
    • Posted

Yes ! We have to stay positive and boy when we all get through this we will be so grateful for every little thing ! I pray a lot meditate I even shout at God The Universe sometimes as I’ve had such a hard time over 11 years and say why me ???!!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.