People who are lonely at Christmas

Posted , 5 users are following.

I haven;t posted much lately because been really busy but I'll be here to chat to the people who posted that they are lonely at Christmas. I've been through it and I know how awful it is.

4 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello, how are you at the moment?

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, how are you, bit stressed at the moment but it's good to know we can help each other, how are you x
    • Posted

Hi i am okay at the moment. Christmas is always a difficult time for me so not looking forward to it. At least we can talk to ech other on here and know that we are not alone, others are sffering too. Take care. 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Sorry a couple of spelling errors, should read each and suffering.
    • Posted

Yes I know what you mean, I don't know why I never thought of finding this forum long ago. I always used to know there were people out there in same position but I used to find the wrong places that are supposed to help but didn't. After many years alone at Christmas I'm not alone this year but I don't know many people here and am lonely. It'll be good to chat, take care Elizabeth.
  • Posted

Count on me, I am alone at Xmas and at the min can't motivate myself.

I want company but I am isolating myself due to a couple of bad experiences.

Wish I could get myself going.

Signed for 5 week computer course starts next week. X

• Posted

Hi Linda, I think I know what you mean, bad experiences can drain us and we keep picking ourselves up and trying don't we. I'm a middle aged woman and despite being young at heart I can feel old some days. Good luck with the computer course, sounds like you're trying hard x
    • Posted

Last year while coming off diazepam I went on courses and now have 26 NVQ credits so I really tried.

I had what,I thought was a friend who was stealing from me. The other just wants ie

do you want this, can I have your kettle etc.

Its made me feel worthless,

I have been through a lot but trying to fight back to health.

Its not easy though.

I have had pneumonia which hasn't responded well. Six courses of anti bs in seven weeks nearly destroyed me. I have to go for another x ray.

Love to you all xxx

• Posted

That is horrendous what you've been through, probably that's why you got pneumonia. It's so easy to make friends with people believing that they're decent like ourselves isn't it. I've slowly woken up and realised how many people have used me. I really hope you soon start feeling well, I don't know why antibiotics don't always sort it very quickly. Hope you're getting another opinion off a doctor, take care. I'm 53 xx

• Posted

I have emphysema, ME and other medical

Problems but trying to keep positive.

I went through four years plus with an alcoholic neighbour below me who set his place on fire. Myself and my pets were upstairs with me. There were drunken nights, load music, swearing, banging on the ceiling.

So I moved and don't know anyone or the area. Feel so isolated.

Its taken a long time to adjust from hell to a very quiet place but hopefully I will get there.

At one point I got to the thought of suicide.

The mam has alcohol dementia now. Oops the Man has alcohol dementia now. Sad.

Anyway I will stop blabbing on and thank you for reading this. With love, Linda x

• Posted

Sorry to hear about what you've had to put up with, not everyone seems to understand how important it is to be contented in your home. I've been in some awful houses, but thankfully no neighbours like that. I was in a place that was rural and it was terrible with no transport and couldn't find a job at the time. I'm now nearer the city and it's better, are you on England x
    • Posted

Hi Linda, computer course should be good, i di one a cople of years ago. 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Sorry spelling should read did and couple.
    • Posted

Its a level three course which I am not sure if my brains got enough cells for this course. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.