People who are lonely at Christmas

Posted , 5 users are following.

I haven;t posted much lately because been really busy but I'll be here to chat to the people who posted that they are lonely at Christmas. I've been through it and I know how awful it is.

4 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi I am another one who will be alone at Christmas - I am 60.   Well I will probably be spending some of it with my sister and her male friend neither of whom I like a great deal. But it's better than being totally alone I guess!  I intend taking the dog out for the rest of it and spending some time in my local pub with drinking friends,  if any are in.   

I will come in here as well and we can celebrate our own Christmas here as well can't we? x  

• Posted

Hi, So many people are alone and christmas magnifys it all. I shall be mostly alone so has you say we can all talk here during this period and support one another. 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hi Hypercat, good to chat to you, sounds like you're doing the best you can. Stay safe at the pub xx
    • Posted

smile  It's my local and everyone knows me there.   Apart from that it is only 3 minutes wall from my flat   x
  • Posted

I think about someone whose been told they have cancer of the prostrate.

Relationship fallen apart.

No hot water, heating, cooking facility other than a small grill.

He is on a self destruct path and I cant do nothing.

I will go to hospital with him.

The relationship wasn't with me, he is an old

neighbour.

Any advice?

He can be a nasty drunk

Xx

• Posted

Hi Linda, please take care, it's normal that poor man needs help, you sound kind and thoughtful. It's nice you going to hospital with him but without sounding patronising, because you're depressed and it's Christmas, hope you can stay strong when alcohol's around him xx
    • Posted

The sad part is I cant cope with him when he has,a drink so I am unable to have him here.I have had bad experiences with men and drink. My father was at one time addicted to it but changed his life and I was proud if him.

I can not understand its two months without hot water, heating, cooking facilities.

I am at a loss.

I do feel sorry for him, he actually I. am told has no food in at all.........

• Posted

Its no problem with me as I can not drink as on classified medication.

I don't miss it though.

I had a sneaky drink , a brandy about a month ago, It's not worth the risk though x

• Posted

You sound strong, can understand you're in a difficult spot, the memories must be bad of your young days. you'd think social services would be helping him wouldn't you x
    • Posted

No one is helping him, he isn't helping him self.

His brother in law went round and was

disgusted. Him and his sister do not get on due to things he did yrs ago. She can't forgive him.

B in law and sister are split up.

X

• Posted

Hi Linda, it is a shame he gets nasty when drunk isn't it, some families don't forgive, take care x
    • Posted

His,sister and b-in-law are on holiday in America,xx
  • Posted

xmas always has that kind of lonely feeling to it,  for me also even if i am with people still get the same feeling
    • Posted

Hi remember, I know what you mean, one year I was invited by some people at xmas, they were nice but I was anxious, knowing that I'd be alone when I got home. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.