Peoples experiences with Genital Warts

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hi all,

I was first diagnosed with genital warts when I was 16 and it was pretty heartbreaking for me as I was in a relationship and he didn't show any symptoms. I never knew who I got it from as I had been in a relationship previously and neither boyfriends ever got the warts.

However, my boyfriend and I broke up after around 6 months after my diagnosis. A few months after we broke up and stopped sleeping together, my warts disappeared and I've never had a wart since. I am now 19.

I just wanted to hear other people's experiences of having them as I would like to know the rates of reoccurrence and stuff.

I try to have a much more positive outlook on it now but it would be nice to know there's others out there for support.

Thanks,

Em

3 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi....I wanted to write my experience here to give you all some hope and to tell you that you can beat this virus. I caught the hpv virus when I was 20 which resulted in genital warts. I had countless treatments, freezing them off, creams, different solutions....which took some away but was still left with many. I had lost all hope and low and behold my smears came back with abnormal cells which I had them laser ed off. I was 29 at that time so the warts were ongoing and the virus was still very present. I started to look and research other ways of beating this virus and do this is what I did to get rid of the buggers once and for all and to make my immune system unbreakable! Fresh green chillies every day (normally 3 a day). With the remaining warts I put apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil on them twice a day.....Yes it stings like crazy!! I would put them on once in the morning then at night before bed. Twice a week I would file the warts. I would give myself a break for 3 days then do it again. Nothing had worked before but I was like "what can I lose by trying this?!" Well fast forward and this is the result.....wart free and hpv virus free. I've been in the clear for years and I don't even get colds or flus now. I haven't been ill for 7 years as my immune system is top notch! I drink herbal teas every night, take multi vitamins and eat my chillies every day. There is a way of beating this so don't lose faith. Persevere and add good natural drinks and foods. Once your immune system is up to scratch it will beat the virus and the warts will go for hood by doing what I did. I hope this helps :-)

• Posted

Hi, I can understand your situation. Having an STD is a big challenge, but you should not lose heart because you can lead a healthy and satisfying sexual life even after having HPV. The only requirement is that your immune system should be strong. You can choose healthy living style options such as getting enough sleep, eating healthy food, quitting alcohol drinking and smoking. You can also try natural therapies such as homeopathic products and herbs such as Hypericum mysorense with immune boosting nutritional supplements to boost up your immune system. 

• Posted

READ This... After many months and spending hundreds of dollars and many embarrassing trips to the doctor(to me at least)  I came across something that really worked for me. Braggs ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) You must do it the correct way, I tried it the wrong way the first time. All you need is about $15 total. Cotton balls, not pads etc, some tape and ACV. Soak the cotton ball with ACV at night when you get home, yes soak the thing... Place it over the wart if its on a flat surface. Mine was in pubic area above my junk. When you're not at home and out in public just put some ACV on cotton ball and tape on, but everytime you're at home soak it then go watch tv or read a book laying down. Leave on for 3 or 4  days straight and it will start changing color and shrinking. A cotton with at least some ACV should be on you for at least 3 or 4 days straight... I soaked mine and taped it on tight... GONE, no scars, no burning skin did get a little tender but it worked. You're Welcome... I didn't want to waste time  writing this article and posting it a few sites but I figured some  good karma couldn't hurt... It worked, its cheap... No more embarrassment.

• Posted

Hello Emily

Laser removal therapy is the treatment with the highest likelihood of reccurence which is why it is not recommended. Try Natural Remedies To Cure HPV like increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables and eliminate all sugar, refined and processed foods. It will help pretty help you in boosting your immunity system and clear infection naturally.

• Posted

Hey people. I got diagnosed about a year and a half ago, tried every single treatment I could when I first found out. Thing is my warts (penile) are incredibly small. I mean like the tip of a needle small I can only tell they are there by looking at them in light. I am using condyline at the minute which is great but I’m getting a bit sick of it all! A year and a half is a long time and I’m just wandering if they will ever go. Thanks
  • Posted

Hi. I discovered I have smal fingerlike bumps clustering around my vagina. I went for checkup and the doctor confirmed that it was genital warts. I am so upset and I felt like my life is over. I did a blood test for STD screening and have to wait for a month for the result. I am scared of the possibility having a cervix cancer and all the things associated with warts.

• Posted

They types of hpv that cause genital warts do not cause cancer. The only way you would have cervical cancer is if you had two types of hpv and it it turned out that one type also causes pre cancerous cells, so I wouldn’t worry too much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.