Per/Meno Pep Talk

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hello Lovlies,

I know there is already a post of the 66 signs and symptoms of perimeno, however, i just wanted to share my list again for any newcomers as well as ourselves just as a reminder that we are NOT crazy. What we experience is real and life altering. All women go thorough it differently but we all go through it.

I sometimes go back to this list just for my own reassurance like a coping mechanism that when these symptoms start happening, I tell myself its peri/meno acting up and i will be alright.

We will all be alright. No one lady here is alone and we will get through this. Continue to listen, share, vent, and suggest to make our journey a little easier.

Hot flashes, hot flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling

Irregular heart beat, racing heart, palpitations

Irritability

Mood swings, sudden tears

Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)

Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding; phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles

Loss of libido

Vaginal dryness

Crashing fatigue

Anxiety, feeling ill all the time

Feelings of dread, apprehension, doom

Difficulty concentrating, disorientation, mental confusion

Disturbing memory lapses

Incontinence, especially upon sneezing, laughing; urge incontinence

Itchy, crawly skin (like bugs are crawling under the skin)

Aching, sore joints, pains in muscles and tendons

Increased tension in muscles

Breast tenderness, sore breast, pains in breast

Headache change: increase or decrease, migraines

Gastrointestinal distress, indigestion, flatulence, gas pain, nausea

Sudden bouts of bloat

Depression

Exacerbation of existing conditions

Increase in allergies

Weight gain

Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair

Dizziness, vertigo, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance, wobbly, shaky

Cloudy head, (water logged or like you are under water) heavy head

Chills and shivers (may shiver for hours)

Internal tremors/tingling (feeling like a power drill is running inside your body)

Changes in body odor

Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head

Tingling in the extremities

Gum problems, increased bleeding, toothaches (often in mid cycle)

Heightened sense of smell, stuffy nose

Burning tongue, burning roof of mouth, bad taste in mouth, change in breath odor

Dry skin, hair, and nails

Changes in vision(blurred, aura)

Weight gain or loss

Osteoporosis (after several years)

Changes in fingernails: softer, crack or break easier

Tinnitus: ringing in ears, bells, 'whooshing,' buzzing etc.

There is more im sure, but these are a lot of the common complaints. Again, this is just a reminder that these signs and symptoms do exist and it's not in your head.

Love yourselves, be kind to yourselves, and take care!!

8 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thank you for the lovely supportive & reassuring words Jamie!! Keep well .
  • Posted

Like my body has seized up overnight, can't kneel down lift my knees in bed. I'm like a 70 year old in my 50's😟  Using the ladders and doing a little decorating causes aches and pains for days 
  • Posted

Hunger pangs ,thanks ladies I ate a whole pack if digestivces today ,then there are other manic times like I took 2 cakes to bed one evening I didn't make the link to meno ,all makes sense now, yes body doesn't feel your own some days our hormones are haywire no wonder tch x
    • Posted

I feel like my body should be in a movie "The Hormone Takeover" or "Invasion of the Hormones". These hormones just seem to have a mind of their own. I'm just way over it.
  • Posted

thanks jamie for the list

ive had two very bad days in a row and this morning i was just dying to get to the forum and read read read

found your post reassuring 

• Posted

No problem. I myself have had two bad days and woke up this morning with nervous jitters. It's going to be a rough day I know. I will be telling myself that I determines to be ok today.
    • Posted

I woke up heading for work got to station and turn around. In bed now reading these posts. Palpitations got the better of me....
    • Posted

I understand ,sorry u had these can be distressing but part of it. A phone call just now sent me into one of these turns so I know that one .don't worry. I too am safe in my bed .

• Posted

Thank you for posting this list, I'm starting to experience more & more of these symptoms.
    • Posted

No problem. I have been experiencing a lot of this list myself and it is so overwhelming at times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.