Peri and recently diagnosed with aneania. worried!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies

Just wanted some reassurance. Ive ben in perimenopause eight years and had every symptom there is to have!!!

I have just been tokd im aneamic by my gp and put on iron tablets. I did have a two week long period a couple weeks ago so they are attributing it to that.

Ive suffered severe health anxiety in perimenopause and this is causing my anxiety to soar. My concern is this ive had very heavy flloding periods the last couole years then none for two months. Then they come back again you get the picture. Why hasnt aneamia showed up before when periods were heavy then. Why now?

Of course my mind is working over time thinking the worst. I hate being like this befire peri I never worried all the timesad(.

Ive been feeling very unwell too so not helping.

Am I just over reacting again!!!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

No you are not over reacting when i started bleeding two weeks ago i was having a lot of anxieties could not understand why i was bleeding and why i felt so weak and unstable on my feet was scared because i was cramping badly 

I am still scared because i just don't want this to happen again

• Posted

Hi ladies

Day 3 on iron and still feeling extreme fatigue. Went back to work this morning after having weekend off but feel so rough. Im a carer by the way. Am I expecting too much too soon x

• Posted

Wait until the iron is in your system if you are still tired have your vitamin b levels checked out and your thyroid these could be another reason you are tired too
    • Posted

Hi

Am currently being tested for b12 deficiency waiting on results.

My thyroid was checked a few months back and it was fine.

My doc said if im low in iron I could be low in b12 also.

Thanks for replying.

I will giveiit more time x

• Posted

Hi lovely ladies

Hope you are all doing ok.

Ive only been on iron tablets and just started to feel better when would you believe it yet another period!!! So palpitations and fatigue is back. I obviously didn't have enough time to build up the iron in my systemsad

Back to docs tomorrow for b12 results.

Trying hard not to let the dreaded anxiety get the better of me.

Take care x

• Posted

So horrible and unpredictable isnt it.  I stopped after 23 days on Sunday, not sure how long it will last for though.  Got a smear booked in for Monday, so fingers crossed lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.