Peri but regular periods?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there. I've already posted about going mad and today I'm having a massive anxiety/panic attack.

So trying to put things into perspective. I'm 48 and for a few months have been having sweating episodes. Anxiety and panic attacks for a few months longer than that. 

The sweating is random, but does occur more when it's warm outside and when I'm eating or drinking. I have the odd night sweat, but not horrendously. 

I'm terrified it's some rare cancer and not peri as my periods still come. Though they are more frequent and shorter. I've even paid for a private urine test to check for the thing I fear, though now the thought of handing that over for testing has me sick with worry.

It's so hard to deduce what's a peri symptom and what's not. My gp has ordered bloods to check hormone levels but I've heard they are unreliable at this point. I wish I'd skipped a period, then at least I'd have a clue. Anyone out there with similar experiences before I completely lose the plot? Xxx

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

yes I can completely understand where you are coming from.

im only 35 but mum was menopause mid to late thirties and over the last 2 years I have been to a& e a few times when I feel like I'm dying, I've had heart monitor fitted for 48 hours, ECG, X-rays on lungs, heart, you name it and 2 years on I'm still here, Albeit even more anxious than ever as I have bad palpitations, hot flushes, really bad vertigo and dizziness and nobody can find anything physically wrong with me. Sometimes I wish they could so there was an explanation, my periods are still faintly regular albeit it a bit heavy n then nothing but my fsh test came back normal because I am peri menopause, not in the menopause. Apparently this won't show up until you are in menopause but I have never felt so dreadful. I do have good days but I have really bad days too. You really are not alone in this and I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad, and you have not lost the plot, none of us have, we are just unfortunately having a really bad reaction with this bloody menopause!

make sure you look after yourself, deep breath and don't do too much because I find if I'm really tired it really takes it out of me.

take care and sorry I can't be more helpful, there will be plenty of ladies who can be tho. Love K.xx

• Posted

Thanks K. Just fed up of worrying about the next flipping cancer ( it's always Cancer with me) it just makes me want to cry with exasperation. Wish my body would just leave me alone! Xxx
  • Posted

Exact same symptoms 3 years ago before I want on contraception, I was a mess totally, I did learn some tricks, I would carry a paper bag with me and when I had a panic atttack I would blow into it...cheese is a big panic attack none friendly product stay away from it.
    • Posted

Were you still having regular periods? I wish I could say they were irregular but they aren't. Bloody things! Xxx
  • Posted

Hi Stella,

Don't worry!! Peri menopause is different in different people, unfortunately the sweats come before your ever done with having periods , and the start of meno can be a variety of changing cycles in your period. It's not exactly the same for everyone,  it just starts changing. Your changes sound very normal and a blood test might show that your hormone levels are at that place of starting to go through this. Some if the natural supplements like eve primrose helps level out your hormones a bit. Also try black cohosh. Hope your feeling less anxious!

Page smile

• Posted

What are the sweats like? I don't get palpitations, just rushes of sweat. The hotter it is the more it comes. I don't even go that red. Just loads of sweats. Now my bowels are joining the party. Sweats and loose bowels are also symptoms of my latest anxiety trigger. Aaa argh! Xxxx
    • Posted

Stella, 

I found that I could bring on hot flushes sometimes when I get upset or nervous. I don't get red, just kindof sweat from within, it's definitely not fun!

It does start to affect your digestive system, but that might also be because you have been anxious. I have found drinking aloe gel in some juice with sparkling water has helped my digestion enormously! Try to relax, it's just a normal part of life, not the most fun, but great once you don't have to deal with periods anymore!! Drink a cup of tea and read up on material remedies for menopause. It will help!! Stay cool!

Page

• Posted

Hi Page, similar here. Kind of heat up and then swear. Sometimes heavy, sometimes not. Usually heaviest when I have a hot drink. They are the killers! Xxx
    • Posted

Such great words that's made me feel so much better!  Gosh ladies the things we all have to bare!
    • Posted

Stella yes IBS symptom of meno,along with that comes anxiety,comes from bowel and womb only 10 cms apart,hence again more women tend to get thrush/ cystitis at menopause,get more Gyne infections around this time.

That's me at this time Stella.

• Posted

Hi Go on Amazon,get some Meno sticks,use like pregnancy test kit,or go to Boots chemist if UK ,they do them ( £10) test your hormones at home,when it's a bad day ,go do it then .Get thyroid checked out to.

This time is a nightmare,hormones going everywhere,so many different symptoms, yes I agree with age go by what your mums age was at meno start,good guide ,even ask your aunts on mums side there age,another good age indicator.Dont let Drs fob you off,get a female  dr involved.

• Posted

That's where I get stuck. My mum had a hysterectomy at my age. Don't know why and now she's no longer here. My only maternal aunt has massive learning difficulties so no help there. I know my mum was on HRT but can't remember when at all. Silly things you don't even think about til it's your turn and then there's no one to ask. Xxx
    • Posted

I was in same position,never thought about my maternal aunts at that time,and I was living away from home town,think aunts would have been to my benifit,had been at home,your mum put on HRT what age ? Even rough guess,I'd say due to Meno,hence hysterectomy,9 times out of 10 .maybe an old good friend of your mums would know,women talk hey.worth asking.
    • Posted

My sister in law could do some detection for me. There's only one woman left who would maybe know but it's down the other end of the country from me xxx
    • Posted

Give her a call today,your mums old friend if she knows or remember your mums health issues will be only to glad to help you,with any questions that will shed any light.women help other women it's never failed.Go make that call,and see if you can talk on phone direct if get the chance,I'd start there first,then get those meno sticks.
    • Posted

Meno sticks on order. I'll try and get the phone number. God knows, this woman may be dead too! Xxx
    • Posted

Hope not Stella,she's your best bet ,nothing but hassle with menopause,nothing straight forward.Like take one pill ,and it's done and dusted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.