Peri-menopausal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all you lovely ladies.

Ok so I think I'm peri menopausal due to my periods being all over the place and been on cerezette mini pill for a couple of years. Occasional hot flush lots of anxiety, low mood etc but anxiety is through the roof today as I thought my period ( that's been on and off for a couple of weeks) was finally coming to the end but I'm getting cramps and the feeling you get when you are due on. Anyone else had this towards end of period?? I'm 43 but my mum went through it at my age oh and I had ultrasound scans last yr due to a really heavy period and that was normal apart from small fibroid.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sharon. i am now postmenopause, but now thinking back i had IBS very bad during menopause, had it for a good few years not nice for anyone ! I do know that anxiety can bring it on or make it worse. I took medication for this on prescription, i don't now take anything, which makes me think peri/ or menopause can make IBS worse? smile

• Posted

Ahh thank you mars77, would make sense as my anxiety has been high the last week or more.. I'm fed up with it but thanks for your reassurance it does help and I'm glad you came through it sane lol

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.