Peri menopause!!

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hi ladies!!!!Do any of you have serious stomach problems along with very pale skin with your peri?I have had bad stomach upset to the point where eating is almost impossible...and the night sweats are really bad lately...periods are now only 4 days long and not to heavy anymore!!they use to last 7 days and had blood clots and very heavy...now also headaches almost everyday but they are not bad but i know they are there....

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi laurie sorry i'm only just answering your post but only just seen it. You sound like me as I am very pale skinned and have always had stomach problems as in IBS but since the peri i'm so much worse i feel nauseas every time i eat which is little an often now but still feel sick, i also get a dizzy feeling when i've eaten which makes me feel like i'm going to get a headach and yes get a lot of headaches likle you.  My periods are so erratic but my night flushes are really not that bad but o wake me.  I was wondering how you are these days, has anything changed for you.  sending you love and a hug
    • Posted

Hi there anxiousface...i havent had a migrain for a few weeks but still get that feeling im gunna get a headache and my eyes feel so weird...like pressure or something...tummy still not good but been on b6 for a month now and that has helped anxiety...still get chest pain on and off and now joint pain here and there...just so crazy but i have been driving more and more...thank you so much for asking....hugs to you
    • Posted

hi laurie 😃

Glad B6 helping your anxiety too...

re: migraines ... when I had mine.. it was always before a proper period about 7 days before it.. my god they were shockers, lasted 4 days and nights solid and felt sooooo sick... never had them before, only final 2 years of my peri... ohhhhhh not nice.. ( only when i was having two periods a year) ... its been 11 months since last one... 

also when I didnt get a period i still seemed to get symptoms, but just light headaches, but more emotional and tearful than ever in my life, usual achey body etc etc... but.. since April I have been Ay Ok ...and thats down to the B6  for me... 😃 hope you have a great weekend... Jay xx

• Posted

Hi Chick... 😃

have a fab weekend... hope your feeling good at the mo ... hugs Jay xxx

• Posted

Thank you jay!!!glad you are feeling so good!!!i still have symptoms but not near as bad as before....had 2 periods last month and none so far this month...i guess we never know what to expect in this time of our lives....ive also been just taking things in stride and telling myself its just this darn peri again...lol sounds silly but oh how it has helped me out....love and hugs to all.....
  • Posted

Yes Laurie,

I am now about???? three days from what may or may not be a period but I am constipated, my abdomen is swollen and I occasionally feel nauseas.

But my other symptoms include:- tiredness, my eyes get so tired and sore, I feel strange, low in mood and emotional, I am exhausted (body wise), the worst because I regularly hiked 3 times a week before THE CHANGE...............

Hot sweats too and my diet is erratic,

well I'm sat in bed here alone feeling sorry for myself, you might as well have it all...,

Wendy

• Posted

Hey ladies, just wondered if anyone else is having extended bleeds? I was on for 12 weeks with a break of 30 days and been on with fluctuating flow since Sept 15th.  Had smear which came back normal, ultrasound, and swabs but nothing more than ovarian cysts and small fibroids... Waiting for blood results and worrying a bit as I know it's the Ca hormone they check....has anyone else been like this peri-menopause? Wondering if it could be due to fluoxetine, only drug I take... Any thoughts gratefully received...... Back to docs for results this week 
    • Posted

Hi dizzie 

in my early peri i bled for 21 months ... ( at beginning) it varied from heavy, normal, light and spotting .. I was lucky if i got 3 days break of nothing.

i also had follicular cysts that grew to size of small oranges, But they did disperse on their own after a few months..

( had two but not at same time) 

then periods just declined each year.. No more cysts ..

try not to worry .. Hormones are erractic at this time..

jay xx

• Posted

Thanks Jay - it's such a pain in the neck, and the GP is only a new salaried, so I know she is 'going by the book'.  Relief to hear someone else has had similar - sheesh! Men don't know they're born lol!

appreciate the reply though - don't feel such a freak smile

dxx

• Posted

Hi dizzie

its gets better honest ..

hang in there ..

😃

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Laurie. Thank you for posting. It is atelier to know that I am not the only one experiencing these symptoms. I started the usual way with hot flushes and extreme moods, but with the flushes came nausea that lasted from around 8-11am. The flushes were more like I was burning up inside. Not sweatshop such. I started taking 3000mgs of Primrose oil a day plus Menopace plus. I also experienced cramping in my calves, so tool magnesium. It all worked a treat and I had no more symptoms till now. I turn 48 in September. Since two months ago, every time I am premenstrual, I get an upset stomach, nausea, bloating and headaches. I was getting quite concerned. I'm sure there is a natural solution and I will let you know as soon as I find it. It is the pits though, and I feel for you. Let's hope it passes soon. Xx
    • Posted

I know this is an old post but was wondering if you ever found anything that worked for the gastric problems. I have debilitating pain in the upper right and breast area. Have had the full work up and nothing has been found. The stomach problems cause panic as it feels like I'm having a heart attack. I started B complex and magnesium any other suggestions?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.