Peri menopause

Posted , 10 users are following.

Looking for others suffering this peri menopause . 

My symptoms change everyday detached 

Dizzy , shaky legs , palpitations, racing pulse . Fatigue then anxiety can’t settle sit still , join in everyday life (who am I ) . I was a fun loving out going person with such a busy life . Now I choose to stay home all time as it’s safer and I have no confidence , scared I’m going to panic and freak out !! 

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Bless you.  I am so glad someone else said dizzy.  I thought I was going crazy.  Everything else I felt I could deal with, but the feeling that I am going to faint really stresses me out. I feel your pain, I do not want to be anywhere but home right now.  You hang in there and I will too.
  • Posted

I have those same symptoms for the last few years.  I have been on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night just crying for it to end.  I was only 38, and had no idea I was going through peri.  I have been through an outpatient program for anxiety and depression; it only helped me function a bit better and get over medicated to numb me out, been to the ER and they gave me xanax.  Now I just turned 40 and found out I am in complete menopause.  Progesterone is your best friend.  You can get it over-the-counter or go find a bhrt place and get your hormones tested.  It is calming and most women over 35 are not balanced between their estrogen and progesterone.  Your estrogen can be fine, but if your progesterone is low you are still considered estrogen dominant.  

My test showed I had almost zero estrogen, ovaries decided they are done.  It really explained why I felt like I was going crazy/dying the last few years.  Such a relief.  can't wait to get my estrogen sent to me and added onto my progesterone.  I am already off my meds, and hopefully done with the worst of it.  You are not alone!

• Posted

Hi Casey! Did you also have the racing heart, palpitations as well? Oh man I had them and it’s the scariest thing!!!!
    • Posted

It wasn’t until I found this women’s forum and realized that I was going thru peri menopause. I had my heart checked out, Echocardiogram, Stress test, EKG, halter monitor all came back good. Dr said palpitations is normal I have the “ non sinister “ kind but heck he never mentioned this peri menopause stuff. Had me all stressed out!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.