Peri menopause doctors say no maybe I'm just going mad!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Please help I'm at my wits end! 40 years old and have suffered anxiety since the birth of my second child 12 years ago have been on meds for 11years everything was great until last year then literally all fell apart! Depression, anxiety back with a bang felt like I did after having a baby but much worse! Periods changed from 29 days to between 21 and 24 days now every 3 weeks seems like I'm living the hell the anxiety is its always a week after my period. I'm moody angry anxious nervous loads of tummy problems the list is endless I'm sick of all of this I've changed my diet and cut out refined sugar I'm taking vitamin b's doing Pilates and seeing a mind body and soul therapist yet I still go through the same thing every month. Am I going mad???

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I hear ya sister! It hits me too. I have cats and a dog and feel at ease when I come home to them. A pet who is treated like family is a natural anti anxiety drug. I don't like meds for anxiety, they make me sleepy. This all sucks, I know! I'm asking God to reincarnate me as a man the next time around. A woman more than once wouldn't be fair. I would even rather be a weed, or a plant, not a woman. He really blessed us with this.

• Posted

Oh Coleen that made me chuckle 😂😂 it's nice to know we're not alone though. Xx

• Posted

I'm glad Polly😊 I've always had a special place in my heart for animals. I've saved many, and they help me! My cats are the type that will cuddle with a stranger. That shows ya, how I treat them. When I fell out of my attic in 2012, I severely injured my ankle. It could've been much worse. I was crying in pain, and as I layed there, I had 3 furry faces looking down on me so concerned as I laid there in tears of pain. They're not just animals like ppl think, they are our best friend who provide uncondionional love no matter how we feel, act or look

• Posted

I feel the same! 😢Feel ill even went to the doctor to get checked. I'm 42 and was breastfeeding for 3 years. The first symptoms have started about 6 month ago I couldn't figure out wat was it always sport active , very healthy eating and red wine😉I get sweaty, head ..just name it! Rumbly tummy, fat around my waist will not go😈, feeling tired all the time. I went to the gp thinking I've got cancer somewhere! He said that more like I've got peri menopause! More i read about it more conformation I get.Have to say red wine evening red wine helps! I've got 2 kids. College to go and work, feel bad!

Always healthy, active and now ill. Feel bad😕

• Posted

Hi natallia it sucks doesn't it ive been like this over a year now and when I'm feeling good life is great and I think brilliant I'm back to normal then bang it comes again 😩 It happens every 3/4 weeks so it must have something do with my hormones I too have always been active and eat healthy and generally looked after myself now I feel a nervous wreck and nor me at all. Xx

• Posted

I feel the same! I hate bra and tight clothe . Feel it on me brrrr. Thank you for writing back to me. I couldn't believe how and what like you can be. I hope it will not last for 10 years 😕

• Posted

Dear foxy Polly

Anxiety is the worst feeling, amongst all the other symptoms, I had this but feeling better since incorporating magnesium it really did make a difference to my levels of anxiety, a daily dose which probably took a week or so to kick in x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.