Peri Menopause - Feels like this for people who don't understand.

Posted , 19 users are following.

For those people who don't understand what we're going through when Menopause strikes us into YEARS of pure hell:

We have the symptoms of someone suffering from addiction withdrawing from their drugs, alcohol, etc. This is the only way I can describe this people, many don't get it. This is what menopause feels like.

13 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi Theresa, that is how I feel too. I cannot make sense of it. Some people abuse their bodies awful and they seem to be getting around well. I am healthy on paper, but feel like a corpse most days. I always like to think that things happen to teach us lessons, blah, blah, blah...I have no idea what this is supposed teach me? Maybe how to survive a zombie apocalypse!

• Posted

Zombie apocalypse... HA!! That's fantastic!

• Posted

Zombie apocalypse!!! hahahahah! I love your sense of humour....

we need encouragement and an optimistic view but most of the days I am crying, feel desperate and the fear has dominated my soul and my mind

• Posted

I know...I just got over my period a couple of days ago...still feel lousy and blah. I take amitripyline for migraines and am wondering if that is why. Seriously am so sick of analyzing all my symptoms. I looked back a year ago and noticed the last 2 weeks of Nov. I felt just like this...and I was not taking any meds. IDK!

The thing that is most frustrating for us all is that there is no clear cut answers. Women are very intuitive by nature, and we know when things are wrong with us. I am glad I do not have a serious condition, but, if I did...it would be acknowledged, diagnosed and clear answers for treatment. Peri and menopause gets treated like an invisible illness, or of course, depression, anxiety. Cannot tell you how many times I have been told...I don't look sick!

• Edited

Totally agree Lou and the rest.

It doesnt seem quite fair that i too live so damn clean..except for sugar and a coffee but seriously folks, how do other people self destruct with alchohol, drugs, whatever it is..I live like a meek hermit, just doing my thing trying to live ok, and im as you say Lou feeling like a corpse.

Yes i think that we are supposed to go on like "the walking dead' ..becauses this is how i feel.

Dragging our feet along through the streets of menopause, making feeble attempts at feeding on the people who still have life and wondering what happened to us...

• Posted

guess we have to hang in there MB or so the saying goes...it cannot get any worse...maybe it has to get better? I hope. makes me nuts though...I have a family member, just saw him recently...drinks like a fish, skin totally looks yellow, probably has liver disease. Was out in my yard running around like a teenager. I mean really people!

• Posted

hi Lou! i know just what you mean... my BiL

Just got done with chemo .. through the port AND chemo pill form... he has (had) rectal cancer and had surgery in June... still has colostomy bag... he still drinks a few beers now and then... he was drinking beer on THANKSGIVING... all i wanted to do is go home and lie down and he just seemed fine ... which is fantastic but geeze... !!!!!

• Posted

amazing! I am glad he is C free though! I guess we only feel horrible...people who get diagnosed with bad stuff do not have the list of 600 random symptoms. usually, they get diagnosed with something through routine blood work...with no symptoms.

IDK! I had a dr appointment today, so nauseas and dry heaving the whole way in 2 1/2hrs in traffic. my heart rate went nuts. the me from last year would have walked into the ER clutching my heart...instead I stumbled up to my appointment. progress...I guess! 😉

• Posted

thank you LOU!!!

i am so sorry about your tummy, especially in all that nasty traffic 😦

i know just what you mean about the heart rate!!!!i always try to tell myself its our body going in flight or fight mode and that its doing what its suppose to be doing... even though its scary as hell!!!!!

sure feels like your heart will pound of your chest!!

• Posted

oh and...I am...was...on amitriptyline for migraines from my primary dr...apparently that med can cause heart palps too. the neuro I saw today took me off that and now I have take noritripyline...sister med to the other...sounds all warm and fuzzy when they call meds "sister". 😃

• Posted

Yes

i know

it baffles me

that people who have serious diagnoses,

are actually quite happy and content, and

living it up..

I see them all the time in the clinic 😉

So that makes me feel even worse

because it tells me its all in my head..ha ha

and i dont know how to change that..

there is a saying we know about

'happiness is an inside job'

menopause sees to it that we work very hard...

• Posted

happiness is an inside job...very true! I don't know about you, but I will be glad when this year is over.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.