Peri Menopause - Feels like this for people who don't understand.

Posted , 19 users are following.

For those people who don't understand what we're going through when Menopause strikes us into YEARS of pure hell:

We have the symptoms of someone suffering from addiction withdrawing from their drugs, alcohol, etc. This is the only way I can describe this people, many don't get it. This is what menopause feels like.

13 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I absolutely agree! I am addicted to my hrt and said my gyn that I will take it the longer I can! I just cannot survive without.

• Posted

hi vicky

what hrt are you on and what are the best things you see in it as far relief for you..

just curious..

xoxo

• Posted

I tried 3 different hrt and I am on Femoston 2/10 for a year now. Everything back to normal. It was impossible to continue my life, my work without.

• Posted

I will describe it to others like a second adolescence but much harder and without break and f course without the happiness of juveniles.

• Posted

Hi Evi,

I have been thinking the same, like adolescence, but it seems to go so much slower...

And no break is right! Not from the symptoms, not from the worry, and not from any of the day to day responsibilities of adulting.

I feel so trapped and overwhelmed by it all sometimes.

Logically, I know I am blessed to have no serious ailments, but I feel so awful much of the time.

This group is the only thing keeping me sane.

xoxo

Sara

• Posted

YES!! I am seriously considering total hysterectomy, as this years-long roller coaster is driving me insane.

Hugs to you all!!

• Posted

Sara96862, a hysterectomy is not the answer. I had a partial one in 2015 for a 6.5 fibroid. They took everything but the ovaries. Thank the good Lord that is wasnt cancer! But i have not felt right for almost 2 years. Multiple symptoms, physical and emotional. I have had many tests which all come back fine ( again im very grateful to God for.that) but i have no idea where i am at in this process because i.dont get a period . I am very happy to not have to deal with that anymore!! But i feel completely lost because i have no idea where im at and no one has been helpful. I have been to 2 gynecologists that were useless. One gave me a rx for prozac which i took for only 2 days cause it aggravated my acid reflux and the other one told me 1 should see a phyciatrist. I wanted to punch her! I thought one day you will understand. She is in her early 30's. Anyway sorry so long, i just wanted you to know, you wont find relief with a hysterectomy. Btw, i also cant take HRT because i had a blood clot.

• Posted

Thanks, Edell, for your comment!!

Can totally relate to wanting to punch someone, lol. The next Dr. that unhelpfully tells me "not unusual for a woman your age" is gonna get an earful from me, at the very least!

Hang in there!!

• Posted

Pretty accurate description, in my opinion. Never considered that point of view before, but it is a withdrawal ... from estrogen. So your description is spot on!

• Posted

totally! If testosterone diminished rapidly for a man...they would be on the floor. same difference...I guess!

• Edited

ive been through alcohol withdrawal, antidepressant withdrawal, currently doing codeine withdrawal (docs like to over prescribe) let me tell you this if you get the peri/meno symptoms bad its worse than all the above 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.