Peri Menopause, scalp pain and headache.

Posted , 21 users are following.

I am in peri menopause and For the past few months I've been having scalp pains and headaches, the scalp pains is like a sensation of my hair being tied tightly, my scalp feels sore and I have headaches too. This symptoms comes and goes on different times each month. Some weeks I am pain free for weeks. It started again 4 days ago. Don't know what to do, my doctor prescribe migranil tablets as the headaches is like migraine and in the past have never had migraine and rarely headaches. I'm told by my friends it's a menopause symptoms?? 

Any ladies can shed some light on this condition.

kadija

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi  Khadija

From what I am reading and learning many people are having atrange symptoms including their scalp arean . Especially like insect crawling on the surface of their scalp  there is a discussion on this site where lady described 66 symptoms that you may experience. This discussion saved my life. As I probably have all of them . Like I mentioned before I went through all possible tests and scans . My dovtors did not know what was going on . But now I am sure that it all related to my peri . I hope that it helps you some 

• Posted

Early today I also experience fatigue, feeling down and want to cry, shoulder and back pain. I'm even getting runny nose and congestion. My last period was on the 28 of last month and it lasted only 3 days. It's a confusing feeling as few days ago I was fine. 

• Posted

Its all classic menopause... weird headches... muscle tention.. you will find over time you get it all over..it kind of moves around the body. As one set of syptoms calme down then another lots starts to surface.  Feeling fine one minute.. then fits of crying the next.. some women get extreme rage also for no reason.. Read the list thats pinned to the top of this topic.. Ive had pretty much everything on there at one time or another. At first its very upsetting and bewildering .. but as time goes on you learn to live with it and adjust... some women only have issues for a 6 = 12months.. others it goes on for many years flaring up and calming down.  Sinus issues are common with peri.. you develop allergies which cause your sinuses to swell and this does cause alot of weird headaches and sensations. You will find pretty much every symptom you can think of mentioned here in this forum.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply, today I feel so down and weepy, even my bf don't understand, oh it's one of those worse days for me, I'm so sad too. Hopefully I'm better tomorrow. 

• Posted

Its a vitamin deficiency!!!!!!! I've scanned these forums for nine years...yep, nine years, trying to find a solution to my scalp pain, my beautiful shiny long hair now resembled candy floss and I couldnt get a hairbrush through it. I tried everything. I overwashed, I underwashed, I tea-tree'd, I cocunut oiled, I hung my head off my bed, I massaged, I cut out sugar, then coffee and chocolate, I tried everythingggg!!!!! Then one day, after looking at the dark rings round my eyes through lack of sleep because of the pain, I bought a tub of Multibionta....omgggg!! On day 2 of taking them I woke up and I didnt have a pain in my scalp...on day 2!! I'm now on day 10 and I still havent had a pain....I keep expecting it to hurt when I move my hair as I've had it so long....and I'm on such a high that I'm going back to as many forums as I can find to tell people...Thinking back on it now I used to eat a lot better when my kids were small and I certainly dont eat as many healthy foods, so I'm advising as many people as I can to at least try multivitamins, they'll be a lot cheaper than buying oils and fancy shampoos that wont even work!....And if anyone does try these, and they work, please spread the word, this pain is horrendous and doctors dont seem to have a clue. I'm not sure what vitamin I was lacking but the multivitamins I took have absolutely solved my issue after nine years of agony and candy floss hair!!!

• Posted

that is me today....period was supposed to come in 3 days came today.....scalp has been irritated and nose is stuffy and I have hangover tired

• Edited

I can’t believe it! My scalp feels like there’s a cut on it! It goes numb and feels tingly all at the same time! Weird, but true! It’s like it’s too sensitive to touch! It even hurts if I frown! 
    • Edited

Hi Kim are you still experiencing these strange symptoms on your scalp I feel like someone has pulled my hair or I have bumped my head it just feels raw . No pain inside just on the scalp 💕

• Edited

The first year of perimenopause (I didn’t know what it was back then) I had almost daily migraines on one side of head with horrible scalp pain and tenderness. I would also get a really hot face. One of the most difficult times for me. Went on for 6 months. Only came on in afternoons. Scalp pain is a common symptom of migraine and also some types of neuralgia caused by migraine. I’m sorry you are having this! I saw a neuro and had all the tests but decided not to take the migraine meds.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Andrea always makes you feel better when someone else has had these symptoms 💕

• Posted

Put up this post over two years ago. After a while the symptoms disappeared. Since last week the headache and scalp pain is back again.

The only way to calm the pain is washing my hair with cold water. It helps abit. I live in a hot climate so it's not too bad bathing in cold water.

The pain is more in the afternoon.

• Posted

hi andrea, howz your migraines now as I'm getting them every day with auras. does your symptoms improved over time or still the same.

• Edited

Yes I had this symptom, along with migraine auras, I would get like you describe scalp pain like your hair was being pulled tight, thankfully it did pass

• Posted

hi, how long it take to pass this symptom of migraines with aura ,i have it since last year... horrible 😭

• Posted

hi pinkcat, how is your migraine?? did u get any relief, mine is everyday migraine with aura.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.