Peri Menopause, scalp pain and headache.

Posted , 21 users are following.

I am in peri menopause and For the past few months I've been having scalp pains and headaches, the scalp pains is like a sensation of my hair being tied tightly, my scalp feels sore and I have headaches too. This symptoms comes and goes on different times each month. Some weeks I am pain free for weeks. It started again 4 days ago. Don't know what to do, my doctor prescribe migranil tablets as the headaches is like migraine and in the past have never had migraine and rarely headaches. I'm told by my friends it's a menopause symptoms?? 

Any ladies can shed some light on this condition.

kadija

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Yes! It feels like my scalp is sunburned 😦 It is very unsettling and annoying....sends my anxiety through the roof 😦

• Posted

I am fifty five and have had this scalp pain when moving my hair or touching my scalp for over 2 years now I am still having monthly periods too. Has anyone had confirmation from a doctor that this is due to hormones and not something else? it is very unsettling! Would appreciate all feedback ..

• Edited

OMG! I can't tell you how relieved i was to find this thread. I have been experiencing this for the last few days and its been driving me nuts. My sister asked how my 'headache' was and Ive tried explaining that its not a headache as such. i feel like someone has been trying to pull my hair out!!

My periods have been irregular for 5 years now and when I do get them they are heavier than before. I have also been getting what i can only describe as a burning feeling on my torso. i don't know if it's the start of a hot flush but it feels like I'm standing in front of a fire. it only affects my torso though.

I'm going to try magnesium tablets/cream and see if that helps.

• Edited

Thank you soo much. I could not figure out what was going on...you litterly described exactly what i was feeling- ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.