Perimenapause and dry mouth

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Has anyone experience dry mouth every day with perimenapause, 

Please reply need all the information I can get. 

Thanks 

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes certainly but particularly bad during the night and first thing in the morning. Not very pleasant. sad
  • Posted

Hi yes awful in the middle of night and all night long! I keep 2 bottles of water on my night stand , and need both of them all through the night, and then I'm up peeing every hour on the hour just about, but if I don't drink the water my tongue is stuck to the roof of my mouth lol... Oh how bad we all have it yuck.. Sick of all this 😒

• Posted

To avoid going to toilet too much not to disturb my sleep I have a jar with a straw. I only have small sips and swirl around my moth first and swallow it. Try small sips if it helps. Perhaps you feel much dryer than I am. If I had 2 bottles of water I would spend the night in the toilet. :0
    • Posted

Hi gypsy, 

Do you think it's related to perimenapause I also developed a rash under neath my eye braw 

Could it be the fluctuating hormones 

• Posted

Lol! I know I should try small sips and you know what I'm going to tonight, it just goes down so well when I'm so thirsty and dry, its a vicious cycle..but don't like the bathroom business every hour..

• Posted

Yes I've read that it is, and I've never been dry in the mouth before all this began.. And my eyes are just as dry as the mouth its awful.. I don't have the dry eye lids but my sister did for 2 years , they were itchy dry flaky and red, she use to rub the anti itchy cream on it and that helped.. Eventually it stopped, and her eye lids are normal again.

• Posted

Oh yes jacqueline, I have it every day. I have artificial saliva spray, pastilles, and special mouthwash for dry mouth. Its horrid and no matter how much you drink nothing seems to relieve it! You are never alone on here thank the lord, there is always someone here who has the same symptoms as you or have had them so never feel its just you! XXX
    • Posted

Hi Tina I still have mine it's really bad no matter what I do it wouldn't shift what can you do though just waiting to see if it will get better 

l

• Posted

Hi 

Are you in perimenapause is this even a perimenapause symtom I never had this before, also I biggest thing is fatigue although yesterday evening I felt so good didn't have fatigue so I managed to pick up the house a little it felt really good. But today is a different story 

• Posted

I'm not in peri my ovaries have died so I'm in full. Not all peri symptoms go away when you hit full meno and chronic fatigue is part of it so dont worry its nothing new. XXX

• Posted

You can get some products that may help. Are you in UK or abroad? X
    • Posted

Did you have bags under eyes, it seems ever since I started perimenapause I have bags under eyes and aches and pains that come and go 
    • Posted

Oh yes hun, do I have bags or do I have bags. I could go on the walking dead as a zombie and not need make up! And I agree with one of the other ladies, I know I have adrenal problems and am sure that the dry mouth and dark eyebags are related. Looks like I need some acupuncture too! XXX
    • Posted

Hi tina,

I feel that I'm in a bubble with this brain fog I think my vision also change tried on my glasses the other day and I see blurry with my rx glasses these hormones are really bad 

• Posted

Yes hun, they most certainly are! I've had all my primary 5 senses altered since this began. Been on hrt and various vitamins and diazepam since it began 3 months ago but I believe I 've been in peri for maybe 7 or 8 years without realising it. Ovaries finally died last December after a very sad and stressful period for me, so this damn thing can throw us a curve ball at anytime! XXX

• Posted

How are you feeling now I'm still having fatigue also sometimes I feel weak I'm not on hrt yet hoping soon has it help you alote 

• Posted

It has helped alot, but it is not an overnight miricle. You have to persevere with it and be patient, and back it up with vitamin supplements too. I still get alot of symptoms and am seeing an endocrinologist for something else but getting him to check out all my hormones and whether or not I'm on correct type of hrt. Keep your chin up and let me know how you get on with your hrt. XXX

• Posted

Hi tina,

Did you feel like you had the flu with this perimenopause, I am also having pain in my right breast that radiate to my arm is this normal.

• Posted

Yes hun its all part and parcel of this lovely process! Lack of even one hormone never mind 2 or 3 can make you feel like s**t both in body and in mind. Just dont let it get to you unless you feel really unwell then go and see your dr who I'm certain will reassure you that you are perfectly ok just menopausing! XXX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.