Perimenapause and dry mouth

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Has anyone experience dry mouth every day with perimenapause, 

Please reply need all the information I can get. 

Thanks 

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jacqueline - Yes, I am post menopausal (5 yeas) & just started developing dry mouth, never had it in my life...I went to my acupuncturist & told her & she said in Chinese medicine it is related to your adrenal glands being “stressed” & that would make  sense with any stage of this menopause thing you are in - I will say, once she treated me,  my mouth hasn’t been dry sense - hope that helps - 

• Posted

Hi Debra what did treatment did she gave you for the dry mouth problem 
    • Posted

Hi Maria - I unfortunately do not know Chinese medicine “pressure points” but if you go to an acupuncturist and complain of dry mouth chances are they will treat your adrenal gland “pressure point”.  When I go to my acupuncturist I just write down all the things that are irritating me that day for example: headache, anxiety, flushing, dry mouth & she treats those ailments.  Obviously it’s important to go to a qualified acupuncturist who knows what they are doing, but throughout this whole journey, I do not know where I would be without my trusted acupuncturist & during treatment, I sleep like a baby...so I love it!

• Posted

Hi debra,

You also get muscle pain and brain fog I feel that I'm constantly in brain fog aND my right side of boob hurts sometimes these hormones are really bad 

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline - Yes, I believe I am the Poster Child for the 66 Menopause Symptoms - I have and continue to fight thru brain fog & muscle ailments.  I had such a bad knee that I was convinced I needed a knee replacement & then out of nowhere that pain went away & then it just started to hurt somewhere else.  On top of all this, I weened myself off of a really toxic B/P RX, that had very similar side effects as menopause, so it’s been an E ticket ride of wild side effects for sure.  Every day I just try to practice some form of self care & try to calm myself down & do a boat load of praying that I will have strength to get thru this - 

• Posted

I know this feels horrible I get muscle pain on my legs that comes and goes with the arms and then I feel like I wake up with the flu but it's not I am not even on hrt yet I'm looking forward to getting some relief. 

Do you get fatigue dizzy alote

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline - I would have to say that fatigue was worse for me during peri...of course, my sleep was really bad during that time & I would wake up in the middle of the night & couldn’t go back to bed for hours.  My sleep has improved during post menopause and yes, I do experience dizzy/off balance spells quite often & it is not fun!!!

• Posted

i find the glass with straw very useful

on long travels i take cucumber, watermelon, apples to eat instead of drinking water

for meetings keep chewing gum or sugar free chocolates

you get throat sprays too

this dryness attacks the gums and teeth so we have to be careful to do regular flossing, brushing teeth twice a day....toothpaste with floride is good for dry mouth they say, use aloe vera juice for  mouthwash, sometimes  is use milk of magnesium for toothpaste at night

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.