perimenopausal

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi i am posting as at 46 i believe i am perimenopausal. I am having periods but for the past 2 years they have gone from 28 cycle to  22 day, 42 days then normal again at 28 days. My shins have become so itchy at times i could scratch them off. I don't have night sweats or hot flashes but  nearly daily i get hot say after drinking a cup of tea,  and wake up sweaty between boobs most mornings.Anxiety seems to be my major concern, i have developed  a burning throat and tip of my tongue since june this year. I am worried sick about it i even feel the burning in my nose some evenings. This burning i am told by my gp is due to anxiety,  but it is making me anxious. is anyone else like this and is this peri???

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My dr mentioned antidepressants and said I’m sure your opposed to them lol I said I have a open mind and if I need them I will take them! I think it depends on the dr to be honest some are so textbook and then some have a open mind it’s so hard not to think the worst! Especially we know a lot to the average person! I realize some days are better then others that’s just the way it is!!!! For now!!! 
    • Posted

It is so rubbish though , knowledge is not always a good thing don,t you agree?
    • Posted

Totally agree! It helps when talking to someone else but for myself I start thinking the worst things
    • Posted

Well i went to see a GP on Tuesday re my pain in right low abdomen, back and sharp pain in vagina. She was lovely and examined me and stated all looked normal and all fine it will be ovulation pain and  perimenopausal symptoms. I felt like i was wasting her time but, i do actually feel better now, Pains all but gone just the odd twinge in abdomen but this is higher up.  I have experienced neck and shoulder pain since March and currently having physio but it is not helping i have had massages  which are great but still this  pain persists. Do you or anyone have any neck shoulder pain? 
  • Posted

When I was having my babies I used to say ignorance is bliss.
  • Posted

I had no idea painful periods were part of Peri. My periods had always been every 26 days on the dot. Paracetamol And nurofen “sometimes”.  Then about 2 yrs ago I had constant spotting between periods but still regular.  About 18months ago period turn incredible painful. Literally would have me curled in the settee almost like labour pains. And periods every 14 days.  Very “dirty and clotty “ horrible.  In may I missed a period then back again now missed again. BUT OMG. I’m exhausted, aching from everywhere , anxiety through the roof. Think I have a brain tumour as my migraines have just gone into overdrive and I have horrendous pins and needles and pain in the back of my head 24/7  finally a dr has said this is occipal neuralgia and probably all part of Peri.    I have always been so active (use to run 3 miles everyday) and walk dogs two hours a day.  But now it drains me even to load the dishwasher , and poor dogs are lucky if they get 45 mins.   These are the stories you never get told about !!! This forum is a god send ??💐??💐. Happy Monday ladies x

• Posted

There is no telling where I would be without this forum.  It has been a lifesaver.  I also have occipital neuralgia.  It is HORRIBLE.  Last time I fell asleep crying with an ice pack on my head.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.