Perimenopause and loss of apetite

Posted , 84 users are following.

Hi Lovely ladies

i am 3 yrs in peri, past months my periods have become lighter, this month no period, I also feel nausea, loss of appetite  at Times and other times I eat a lot, I feel also depressed at times, the symptoms comes and goes, even my blood pressure fluctuates, high, low, normal...my body is doing all sorts, lost my libido, my boyfriend also walked out 2 months ago, as I was always tired and didn't want to make love and it ends in big argument.

My body has changed so much, I get all sorts of symptoms,  and some days I'm also happy and normal, and have no symptoms.

Some days I also feel like my life is over, depressed and sadness. I have no drive to do much apart from daily routine, 

my boyfriend is not supportive so he left and I don't even miss him as I am much happier in my little world of Me, the new person and body  I'm trying to understand. It's very stressful this changes as I was always a happy and bubbly woman. 

Hoping all this will pass soon.

10 likes, 87 replies

87 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I just found this forum for discussion and I'm so glad I did I'm going through all these symptoms with anxiety and depression and busted out crying just whatever for no reason I've lost all my appetite and it's scary! reading this and knowing that maybe I'm only starting to go through menopause makes me feel a lot better 45 years old I feel like I'm in okay health just till recently went other started and now I feel like I'm going crazy

• Posted

hello beautiful ladies, I can sure related to many symptoms each of you are dealing with. Is there anyone experiencing cold flashes? I am wondering what you might be experiencing.

my feet and hands get so cold. Once the flash is over, a hot flash may occur. Loss of appetite, itchy skin, legs, arms, head, face. Ugh

I have good days and bad with my stomach, it affects my bowls. I get a crazy butterfly feeling. Anxious and crazy thoughts. There is more, SMH.

• Posted

Hi Ricki, yes I get the cold flashes especially around my period, not to mention some crazy anxious thoughts of my own. Definitely not fun.

• Posted

hello beautiful ladies, I can sure related to many symptoms each of you are dealing with. Is there anyone experiencing cold flashes? I am wondering what you might be experiencing.

my feet and hands get so cold. Once the flash is over, a hot flash may occur. Loss of appetite, itchy skin, legs, arms, head, face. Ugh

I have good days and bad with my stomach, it affects my bowls. I get a crazy butterfly feeling. Anxious and crazy thoughts. There is more, SMH.

• Posted

Hello Everyone,

I am so glad I found this forum. With everything going on with the COVID19 outbreak I haven't been able to see a doctor lately. I am a 31 year old with Hashimotos Thyroiditis and for the last year I have felt like garbage. At first I thought it was my thyroid medication that was off, but after many trips to my doctor and an endocrinologist my levels are fine. Just before the COVID19 out break I had bloodwork and an MRI of my pelvis, abdomen, and neck. Everything came back clear. I had appointments for a colonoscopy, a scope into my stomach, mammogram, and gynocologist visit.. but they were all cancelled until the corona virus is under control. Now after reading through many sites and forums like this I think I am going through perimenopause or at the very least a significant hormone imbalance. I have so many uncomfortable symptoms and I was convinced I was dying of a terrible disease. My hair is dry and falling out in handfuls, my vision is intermittently blurry, I have intermittent tinnitus, for the first time in my life I am experiencing acne and it is constant, my skin is very dry and itchy, I am getting rashes on and off, I am always thirsty and have dry mouth, I have brain fog and am forgetting things easily, I am very anxious and worried all the time that these symptoms mean I am dying, I have insomnia, terrible night sweats, I have noticed a change in my body odor, my breasts are sore more often, my rib cage hurts (mostly my lower left ribs) and up into my shoulder blades, I have all over joint and muscle pain, my back has been hurting, I have IBS like symptoms, belching, nausea, bloating, loss of appetite, change in bowel movements, more frequents trips to the bathroom, I have had unexplained weight loss, and my periods/cycles have changed. I used to have a cycle like clockwork, 28 day cycle with 5 days of bleeding. My cycles for the most part are getting shorter by 3 or days. When I do start the bleeding is significantly heavier and it seems to start and stop several times. All of this has me terribly depressed, anxious, fatigued and feeling gross. My libido is non existent and I am moody and irritable. I have never been an overly emotional person but I have been crying lately. I am doing an at home test for celiac disease this week and I ordered a DUTCH complete hormone test. Only after reading and researching on my own have I begun to believe this is hormone related. I am upset my doctor never thought to investigate my levels. Then again my doctor looked very skeptically at me when I went through my Iist of symptoms with him. I have to say after reading the many similar cases of women experiencing similar situations I feel relieved. I thought I was going crazy. I thought my entire body was shutting down on me. Thank you to everyone who has shared their stories and experiences it has been a great help .

• Posted

Hi ladies, I just turned 40 this month and for

months have felt horrible. Hot flashes, heart racing and palpitations, no appetite for days at a time, getting no sleep, anxiety with panic attacks, brain fog and dizzy spells. I'll sometimes have a few days where I sleep and feel okay, and then bam....sleeping gone and I feel horrible. Am I too young for peri? My cycle was almost a week late last month and it was almost a week early this month, and weirdly light and spotty. I went from being so healthy and happy to this in just a couple of months. any suggestions for sleep relief? I'm exhausted which I know is making symptoms worse. I hope to make an appointment with my doctor this upcoming week.

• Posted

I have a friend who is 40yrs old, same kind of symptoms, shes started perimenopause early and its stressful for her as it was unexpected at her age. She cant cope well as its kind of a shock to her. So i can understand how you feel.

• Posted

Sounds like you're well into peri, go to your doc, ask for hrt.

• Edited

hi. I'm so glad I found this. symptoms sound very similar to what I'm going through. so it's been a year since I had a partial hysterectomy leaving the ovaries intact. I'm 32 now. And ever since this hysterectomy it's been a downhill battle. about 6 months ago it all started, progressively getting worse. loss of appetite for about everything, headaches, heart palpitations, heart pounds, occational tachycardia, chest tightness. all the heart things has been happening for about 1 to 2 months. had my heart checked out and it's normal, no blockage etc. I will also get so tired easily, cant fall asleep at night but I want to sleep during the day. about 2 months ago I lost 10 lbs in 1 week. my doctor recently checked my hormones which at one point my TSH was low. and now its normal. and that was fluctuation within 2 weeks. it makes me think my body is going into perimenopause which can still happen young after a hysterectomy due to ovarian failure. I do have an appt in 2 weeks with my OB to determine if I need to be put on estrogen therapy. I need some relieve. I feel like I'm dying. but I've been tested with every test under the blue moon. it's so frustrating and I get anxiety, depression, panic attacks. to the point where I've been to the hospital about 5 times in the last 2 months. or have called the ambulance. but they tell me I'm having a panic attack. no signs of heart attack, stroke. I've had anxiety before but this is getting out of hand. never had these feelings before the hysterectomy. and now I feel worried and scared and guilty that I did this to my body early. I'm at least somewhat hopeful that estrogen therapy will help. or at least give it a try.

• Edited

An update of my situation, this month September 2020, my appetite has returned, nausea gone, im eating normal and putting a little bit of weight on. The anxiety and depression has also calmed down. I feel 85% my normal self. Hopefully it will stay this way. Please ladies dont lose hope, i was fearing i had some terminal illness from the month of may to august due to the nausea, stomach pains, loss of weight, anxiety, i was permanently visiting doctors with tons of symptoms every week. Thank God i feel much better. My gynae says im in menopause as my FSH levels is 74.

7months no period.

• Posted

Like you I am a post menopausal. My appetite and anxiety is so much better. My problem is that even now that i can eat i still am not gaining weight. I'm not losing either . Just maintaining the weight that I am at right now. I was wondering now that your able to eat r u gaining weight? Also now that I am post menopausal I am having alot of constipation. Do u get that too?

• Posted

Hi, yes I put on 1.5kg, im eating normal and get very hungry during the day. I eat lots of fruits so i have good bowel movements every day. I find if i dont eat lots of fruits and veg i can get constipation. And i drink 2.5litres of water everyday. I also take a menopause supplements with my breakfast. I find eating 3 oranges or mandarins a day gets rid of constipation..

• Posted

Hi Kadija1966

Thank you for your post. I am 48 and now 5months no period with a FSH level of 68

The last 2 weeks i have starting the constipation and gastro issues, Nausea, No appettite, and major anxiety attacks.

I have all the other normal issues as well dry skin, dry mouth, insomnia, feeling shaky, panic attacks and like you i am fearing i have something seriously wrong with me.

I have had full bloods done every month, chest xrays etc and off to the doctor every other week with a new symptom.

Thank you for sharing, hopefully i can ride out this wave as i feel im going crazy!!

Im glad your feeling better

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for sharing your menopause journey, i know its not easy. You will get there eventually and it will get better.

I was like this last year, i spent so much money on doctors and tests and the anxiety was the worst, nobody understands what you are going through, like i said in my post i lost so much and it was a worry.

Im 14 months without a period and I feel much better, i do get some bad days now and again, however i can cope as the anxiety is alot less. Just know its the hormones playing up, honestly last year was the worse time of my life. Thought i was losing my mind and my life too. Menopause is no joke. Thanks God im slowly getting back to being myself as perimenopause took 7years of my life with symptoms one after the other.

• Edited

think yourself lucky you still get normal days. I have so many symptoms & more all the time i haven't felt normal for 4 years!

Any proper help if you have more serious symptoms in the UK doesn't seem to exist unless you can afford it privately.

Even on hrt & feel about 80 & haven't had any quality of life for at least 18 months.

Doctors are useless

• Posted

Have you tried wilko menopause supplements. Its been a lifesaver for me since taking it some weeks ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.