Perimenopause and Skipped Heartbeats?

Posted , 24 users are following.

I'm perimenopausesal, and I get skipped heartbeats, especially when laying down. Are the two related? Has anyone else experienced skipped heartbeats during perimenopause?

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think most of us have. Hang in there!
    • Posted

Thank you. It's been driving me crazy, but's good to know that its normal.

• Posted

Yes I was worrying about this six months ago. I had ecg and 24 hour heart monitor. It was waking me with a jolt and very scary. Heart thudding and missing beats. I was told I had an ectopic heartbeat, nothing to worry about. British heart foundation has a leaflet explaining common in menopausal women. I've cut out caffiene and drink very little alcohol and this has helped. And knowing it's nothing to worry about helps to ride with it. Controlled breathing helps.

• Posted

Yes ditto Maisie paid $300 for heart moniter to discover after it was totally unneeded - just good ol meno!!!
    • Posted

Same here maisie!rolleyes They didn't even tell me what it was - just what it was NOT.

Still scary, and quite draining.

• Posted

I had the same for years and then discovered I was hypothryroid. Now I only get them if my levels are incorrect. Worth getting checked.
  • Posted

Absolutely, I think I get them all the time but they are much more noticeable when lying down.  Not killed me yet though!
    • Posted

Thanks Helen. When I'm laying in bed, I swear I'm going to die if I go to sleep. It's making me a nervous wreck. Biut it's good to know that I'm okay.

• Posted

Hi Connie, yes i do, they only last a a few seconds but it's not a nice feeling! its a common peri symptom. it can also be present if thyroid levels unbalanced, so you get them checked at your docs to rule out xx

• Posted

Thank you looloo. It's such a scary feeling. But it's good to know that it's normal.

• Posted

I get skipped heartbeats, and also the racing heart. It's scary when happening, but you will be ok. It's a peri symptom and can also be unbalanced thyroid levels.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.