Perimenopause and Skipped Heartbeats?

Posted , 24 users are following.

I'm perimenopausesal, and I get skipped heartbeats, especially when laying down. Are the two related? Has anyone else experienced skipped heartbeats during perimenopause?

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had skipped beats all of my life...welll since about age 17, and they are nothing to worry about unless they make you feel badly or pass out.  Everyone has them.  I also developed a the racing heart, mostly after drinking, about 1.5 years ago...right about the time my periods started to become irregular.  I have had a stress test, stress echo, a 24hour and a 30 day monitor and cardiologist says all ifs fine....so....I actually just posted in a forum bacause I also get this weird feeling in my cheeks and arms...which they tell me is not my heart...but most likely reflux.  I think estrogen plays into so many things...digestion, heart rate, skin issues, muscles...mood.(anxiety)..and who knows what else.  I know it is very anxiety provoking to feel like you heart is jumping all over the place, but try to make sure you are hydrated and maybe magnesium will help also...it does turn into a viscious circle kind of thing but do something to get your mind off of it and try not toa take your pulse unless you are feeling badly...it seems to make the anxiety worse!!  Good luck....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.