Perimenopause and tendon issues???

Posted , 9 users are following.

This year I turned 45 and Peri went full blast hard and is destroying me!!!

I developed tendonitis in my elbow and now have tendonitis in my ankle. I always worked out hard, so I was assuming my ligaments tendons were strong! 

My muscle and bones are great they say and I only have some minor arthritis in my big toe and ac joint.

Sometimes I’m sitting around and feel a pinched nerve feeling, my neck goes stiff, also maybe some joint pain . I have reduced my exercise down 50% and feel really paranoid Im gonna keep hurting myself. 

Does anyone have this!

Do you think lack estrogen is causing my symptoms????

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello ladies,

Yes i do believe this to be the case, i have been perimenopausal for 5 years now with my symptons hitting bad last 18 months been badgering gp to give me hrt patches wouldnt as said i am at risk, had every test conceivable! I did course of zoladex three months also but stopped due to severe moods.

I have always excerised boxing, boxecercise and just very active, my muscles and joints were killing me. I then started netball with a friend playing and back to netball loved it but my ligaments ached bad, then pop snapped my achilles after 7 weeks in!

I honestly believe this was down to lack oestrogen and the production of collagen.....i am quite angry with my gp and the whole medical world on the treatment of the perimenopausal women. 

I am now on patches 2nd week in as i went to a new younger gp who saids lets try for two months no harm is it.

I am now juicing every day to try and also help the repair and get the nutrients needed

I think doctors should look at the amount of money spent on the different tests for perimenopausal woman 40-50 years old and put in to research and a holistic view for the symptons of lack of oestrgen on the Human body

Mazza   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.