Perimenopause and turning 50/anxiety and depressed

Posted , 20 users are following.

Hello ladies, I need some help again...I am turning 50 in two days and for the first time in my life I feel old.  I know I should be grateful for being healthy and alive and having a wonderful husband and two great kids, 8 and 15.  However, my emotional state a week or two before my period is hell.  I am actually feeling hypersensative to everything.  Now I am five days in to my period, which is getting lighter and shorter at least.  But, i am weepy and sad and feeling nervous.  One minute I want to go out the next I want to crawl into bed.  I just joined a gym for yoga classes and light aerobics.  I see a Psychiatrist and i am on Paxil and Nortriptyline for generalized anxiety disorder.  Of course the Peri is making it worse.  Just need to know how you ladies are coping and feeling.  I feel isolated and very alone, I take Xanax when the anxiety gets really bad.  I could use some support and I know I can find it here. Thank you neutral

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel for you, I also started a discussion and the ladies on here are so supportive.

I am going down the bio identicals route, have you looked at that for yourself?

I am 47 and know exactly how you are feeling but I would say please don't struggle along like this, I know how crazy and irrational my thoughts have been, I had to take action quickly before I made a huge mistake.

Sending you lots of love xx

• Posted

Hi, was wondering how you are doing on the bio identicals? I just started myself. Not been a full week yet.  How long before you started feeling better. I have been dealing with anxiety and depression. I am 51 by the way
    • Posted

I've replied twice now but I'm sorry for some reason they are not showing?

• Posted

Hi, just saw your post about replying twice. Try again, maybe it will show up now? Hope your doing well.
  • Posted

Just joined this minute. Whilst sorry you guys are suffering like I am it is such a relief to read accounts from other woman..... ok so maybe I'm not going mad. The sadness brain fog and lack of energy are the worst. Oh and feeling stressed and hypersensitive.... for no good reason. Love to all. Hope you have a good day

• Posted

Hi Alison, how old are you and how long have you been on this journey? Have you tried hrt?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.