Perimenopause anxiety horrible

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have always suffered from some anxiety. I have been in perimenopause since I was 47. I am now 52 this month and haven't had a period in 5 months. My problem is that right before I am suppose to have a period my anxiety sky rockets. Last about 10 days. I think the worst of all my symptoms which only makes it worse. I take meds for my anxiety but it doesn't help during this period of time. I hate this! Can anyone relate? 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes my anxiety was awful i take HRT this has been my way forward as anxiety was my worse ever symptom.
  • Posted

Dear celeste

Yes I can relate, I suffer from an anxiety disorder. In peri I had panic attacks out of the blue (my love for caffeine probably didnt help!) I dont take anything for it but taking multi vits for the over fifties has helped with the general anxiety I was feeling. I still cannot put myself in positions where I know I might panic! x

• Posted

My doctor put me on birth control pills (said I was a little too young for HRT--I'm 42) and it has really helped with the anxiety (amazing to me that it was hormonally related--I just thought I was crazy!) Still not a perfect solution as the pills have their own side effects, but I'm on my 2nd month and willing to give it another cycle. I think it really helps to see your doctor and maybe get your levels checked. 

• Posted

I have suffered with severe depression and anxiety for years. I'm 35 and the last 6-8 months I have been having fewer and lighter periods. Fatigue worse than ever, major headaches, constipation, hot flashes and horrible night sweats and anxiety through the roof and panic attacks worse than ever. Depression worse than ever as well. I went to the doctor's today and they drew blood for my hormone levels and thyroid. Also put me on Vienva Birth Control to regulate my hormones. My anxiety and depression are so bad lately I don't get out of bed. I feel like I'm losing control and losing my mind. sad I'm praying for some relief asap.

• Posted

Hi Christina95872, You are quite young these symptoms are all the ones that come with Peri  / meno ! Maybe after a few weeks on Vienva your symptoms might improve? I am postmeno now the anxiety came with this & awful hot sweats, the only thing that helped me is HRT .. I started them @ 57. I really feel for you having these horrible symptoms. Let me know how you go good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.