Perimenopause bleeding heavy

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been bleeding for 2 weeks with large clots (several a day). I am 43 and have an appointment with a gynecologist tomorrow. I'm not sure if this could be perimenopause. A little scared at this point.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The bleeding has been horrible..I am 43 and don't plan to have anymore children

• Posted

ThE only reason to remove your ovaries would be if they are cancerous.

My sister had heavy bleeding with clots for 3 weeks out of 4 and have s few days without bleeding then she would start bleeding again. It is called "flooding".

My sister would wear 2 super tampons and a heavy duty pad at the same time. If she climbed stairs it would gush.

Once we were out shopping and we were using the restroom. Our mother asked my sister if she was OK because my sister had been in the stall so long. My sister let our mother into the stall and our mother cried out, Oh my God. You are hemmoraging! We have to go to the hospital!"

My sister had soaked through both tampons and pad was soaked.

My sister told her that it was part of her Menopause. That she had been to the Dr and was told it was "flooding".

After many wet paper towels we got her cleaned up.

Sorry to be so descriptive but that is how it was for her. She went through it for many months but it eventually stopped.

Many many women experience flodding and the thickened uterus.

There are some past posts about this same thing you are experiencing, the thickened uterus and flooding. Try to find them. Just for peace of mind.

I hope that everything works out for you.

Tracy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.