Perimenopause.. catch 22

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all,

Does anyone else feel like perimenopause is a catch 22??

I'm finding this of late.

I have every textbook symptom going. Insomnia being a biggie. I find when I haven't slept well I have worse fatigue (if that's possible) and more palpitations.

This then triggers anxiety, lightheadedness and dizziness... and a whole host of other ugly symptoms.

I'm also currently experiencing bad allergies. Hayfever and asthma symptoms being worse. Symptoms I developed during perimenopause.

Can anyone else relate to this?

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Dora... yes, I relate in many ways.  Insomnia, anxiety, and allergies are things I’ve struggled with for years, but they’ve become much worse in peri.  The anxiety is the worst of all.  
    • Posted

I'm the same Liz. Do you treat your Symptoms?

• Posted

I take an allergy pill daily that helps some.  The insomnia comes and goes; sometimes, I have to get up in the night to use the bathroom and struggle to go back to sleep.  The anxiety is now the worst I’ve ever had and I have to get help.  I’ll be talking with my gyn about that tomorrow since I’ll be there about a physical problem that I’m having but I think therapy may be in my near future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.