Perimenopause hair loss

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi ladies

Has anyone in peri had symptom of hair loss? I have noticed the last month or so that I am losing a fair amount of hair when I wash my hair.

I had blood tests last month and confirmed I am in peri and thyroid normal.

Any Suggestions or hair products I should be using?

Thanks,

Sydneymum

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i have been using 1000mg of kelp tablets for a few weeks now because of hair loss and already i am seeing geat results, not as much hair being lost, better condition and my nails are also getting stronger again, well worth a try xx
    • Posted

Ha Halol!

Maybe I should have scrolled down the whole page and read your post buddah girl!

I've just asked Jayneejay above if Kelp is good for brittle nails!

I think in some ways this bothers me more than my hair falling out everywhere.  My nails are constantly breaking, even though they're really short.

Probably the legacy of giving up milk etc when I was about 13 - couldn't stand the constant snotty nose!

Oh, wasn't it great being a teenager in the 70s - all the agonies and anxieties!  I'd go back there in a blink of an eyesmile!!

Sx

• Posted

Hi Shaz

Nope. No blonde gal here...not even artificial blonde. Pure brunette, hence need to cover the pesky white hairs cropping up around my face..feel like an old dog with those white hairs around their muzzle! Love the Boris Johnson reference. HA HA. Hope Shaz you have a better blinkin fringe than he does. His constant need to flip it out of his eyes is annoying.

Bought pure deep sea kelp tablets today. Each tablet is 1000mg, so will be taking as recommended. Thanks Jaynee!

Seeing the Gp tomorrow to get the flu jab what with winter starting soon here in Oz And will ask her about hair loss and natural medicine options and see what she says. Will report back tomorrow.

Sydneymum

ps...Shaz not sure I agree about the 70's....I recall daggy clothes, bad bell bottoms and weird colours! But yes did and still love ABBA and old music particularly, 80's pop

• Posted

:-) Ahhhhhh, The 70s ......well me and my ol' man love live music so go to gigs frequently. Hate to say it but I must be the only woman I know who doesn't like Abba!!

Both of us adore reminiscing about our teens in the 70s. Blessed to have been bought up in a house with older sibs whose different music tastes mapped my very eclectic taste!

Think we were spoilt by having 60s Brit Pop and then 70s Glam in the UK. Didn't get into American stuff (aside from Mowtown - didn't like Elvis tho') till late 70s.

So for me it was never about fashion but all about the music!!

Plus those days were innocent and carefree..... being born in 1960 wasn't so bad afterall:-)

Born to older mum (@41) so only vaguely remember her having a bit of a sob now and then, when she was obviously Peri. But who wouldn't have a meltdown with 5 kids full of them and their mates, a house full of newly-acquired pets' (sibs were always bringing in strays and, as the font door was always open, she used to end up feeding neighbours' dogs too!) and a much harder life than anything I've had to cope with. All done with her never-faultering sense of humour!!:-)

My lil' Heroine:-) XXX

Yeah, give my the 70s in the UK any day:-)

S

Sx

• Posted

Hi yes I have thinning hair around front scalp line. My mum also started having hair thinning and now can see her scalp all over - she's now 74. I am 55 and have inherited both her greyness - well actually its white! and her thinning hair.  It sucks as i have to dye my hair every 3 weeks - home ones dont work so have to pay hairdreser , and im sure this isnt helpful for hair thinning. I am going to up my vitamin intake and also start kelp as i am also suffering from really dry skin and my nails are dry thin splitting and lined....  I haven't had a peiod now for about 6 months - hot flashes seem to be slowing down, but still suffering all the other symptoms.
    • Posted

Hiya

My mum used to lament about her lovely thick red hair when she was a young girl. think it was like my second-eldest sister's enviable long red hair (with a natural 'bounce', that she wore pulled back on top (soft beehive I suppose) with loose curls cascading. She was a real natural beauty at 21. I was 8 and although jealous of her, I was a total tomboy, brushing my lovely long natural blonde hair (I now know!) once in 24hrs.....if it was lucky!!).

When my mum passed in '02, her hair was as white as Santa, but kept it short and I suppose it was a bit thin.

Funny, I now miss what I really didn't appreciate!

Gone out today and bought myself some Kelp as my hair is falling out all over the place (into things I mean, such as my family's mealslol). also my nails are brittle and breaking.  Hoping it works.

I am 54, and still bleedling regular as clockwork, so sorta envious that your P's have stopped.  Congrats: you're half way to Menopause!!!

Sx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.