perimenopause internal tremor

Posted , 131 users are following.

Hi Ladies

Please help. Anyone experienced this internal tremor vibration?

Almost like when your cold. Really hard to explain. Ive had it on and off in peri but my health anxiety tells me its something serious. Im on 15mg of mirtazapine an AD but I want to come off it cause I kerp thinking mayb its a side effect. But just thinking about withdrawal of this med is making me anxious as well. When im busy I dont notice Iit. I notice Iit more when Iim sitsitting still. X

13 likes, 254 replies

254 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi Michelle, I think this is another symptom of menopause, I get it a lot, inner shaking like a vibrating sensation

I don't think it sounds like a side effect of your medication, just be careful about coming off the AD

Take care

Brenda x

• Edited

yes that's it...the inner vibrating feeling...especially in my legs and at times all over....

absolutely crazy last few weeks and other 1000 symptoms....period late few weeks and never happened since before I had kids ....

I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one x

• Edited

Hi Michelle,

I've had the internal tremors. Last year they were really bad and I would sometimes shake all over too. I was tested for diabetes but it wasn't that. My worst internal tremor feelings were in my stomach area, such a weird feeling. They would come and go. They made me feel extremely anxious and I would get 'surges' of adrenalin feelings with them so it was difficult to know if the anxiety was bringing them on or was a result of them. I have definitely read that these internal tremors can be part of the peri. They are really anxiety inducing though so practice breathing and relaxation techniques and keep telling yourself they are harmless. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Have any doctors suggested this could be early parkinson?
    • Edited

So I haven't given my update since posing my question. I went to a new gyn; one that specializes in menopause. She ran my FSH and it was at a 10. I am 48 and she said that a young adults FSH level is usually send a 2. A women that no longer has periods will test in the 20's. Since I'm still pretty consistent with my cycles but they've changed she believes in about 2 years off from my cycles coming to an end. She said that my progesterone levels are fluctuating by I still have plenty of estrogen. I asked her if the varying progesterone levels could be causing my cold and tingling feet and these internal tremors. She didn't think so but also said everyone is different. So I started taking progesterone and no lie.... The trembling as all but pretty much stopped! 6 weeks so far!

• Edited

How are you doing now?  How long till progesterone worked?  How much are you taking?
    • Edited

After 10 months of consistent symptoms I truly feel "cured"! The GYN and my GP and my endocrinologist all felt that it wouldn't take away my anxiety. I would wake up in the morning and I would feel like my teeth were chattering. I felt like if I held hand out it should be shaking but it wasn't. The doctors all said it was anxiety and I probably needed some anti anxiety medicine. But within one week of taking 200mg of progesterone nightly, all of that went away! I don't care if it's a placebo effect or not, I'm just grateful that things have improved tremendously.

• Edited

hi sindy, im so pleased to hear you are feeling better, im deep in peri hell and looking for treatment, ive just starting taking a progesterone cream, can you tell me the one you are using?

thanks so much, karen.

• Posted

Hey Karen what kind of progesterone cream are you using

• Edited

Glad you found the right treatment that helped your peri symptoms. what form of progesterone are you using? topical or oral tabs? I have terrible anxiety which brings on heart palpitations, headaches, dizziness. I just can't wait for all this to pass. My GP is pushing ADs but I refuse to take it. I know my anxiety came from hormones fluctuating so why can't they understand? My periods were very irregular for a while, but last 4 months they have been regular, I still suffer though with all kinds of peri symptoms.

• Edited

Hi Sindy

All of us here are SO glad that your symptoms went away 😃 And we hope that the internal vibrations never ever came back too?!

A few ladies wrote to you to ask what type/brand name of Progesterone you were taking - but there was no response. Could you please tell us? We're really desperate.

I hope you see this message.

Kind regards

Louise ❤

• Edited

I don't know about Sindy but I use Utrogestan gels, you can either use them through the oral or vaginal route. I got them from my gynaecologist who is specialized in menopausal issues.

• Posted

lindathepi thank you so much for that!

I hope you're feeling much better now...?

Louise x

• Edited

My husband has Parkinsons and I have the internal tremors. They are very different, so please don't worry. My husband's movements are much more obvious externally, whereas mine feel like a buzzing or shaking under the skin. Mine are much worse at night incidentally and vary in intensity, sometimes being all over my body, or just in my right leg, or up into my head. A test for Parkinsons is to see if the patient can maintain a regular rhythm tapping forefinger and thumb together. Even on a good day my husband cannot sustain this for more than 20 seconds - his finger and thumb just stop closing together regularly. There is not much scientific exploration in the menopause so symptoms are not well explained. It is reassuring to hear that many other people have this symptom too

• Edited

Also meant to say that taking HRT has reduced the symptoms but not eradicated them. I find them much more manageable now 😊

• Posted

Hi mel99238,

Thanks for your informative response above.

I have internal tremors the last few months and find them quite distressing as I don't know what they are. It makes me worry about all sorts of conditions. I am 43 and have had MRI's and bloods done. which all came back ok? Are you finding anything is helping with your tremors.

I have the mirena coil in. When I mentioned to my GP about perimenopause, she totally dismissed me and said she was same age and it wasn't that. I really wanted to be referred possibly in endrocrinology but again she wasn't open to it. I feel very frustrated and I'm not good at pushing things.

I feel it most when lie down or like I am awakened by it or else I just wake and it's there. Can be my back, neck or head to arms. Sometimes feels intense than other days. I know I'm probably not helping things with the way I worry it all.

• Posted

hi Marie, really interesting to hear your comments. About 2 years ago i started getting an internal buzzing (like an electric toothbrush was being switched on and off inside me). heart palpitations at the same time - always at the same time of night (2am). it was usually brought on by alcohol but more recently it happens pretty much all the time. last year i was diagnosed with a stomach ulcer and thought it was connected but it carried on. The Gastro consultant literally laughed me out of the office when i explained my symptoms.

GP gave me an ECG which was normal.

i was referred to neurology for possible MS but they too laughed me out after my MRI was normal. it was suggested i try beta blockers.

ive been reluctant to go on to beta blockers and wanted to explore hormonal levels but GP refuses as im almost 45.

These vibrations came with chest pain last night and i ended up at A&E today - again everything comes back normal and no one actually resolves my problem! So frustrated!!

• Posted

@joanna33987 did you ever get to the bottom of what was going on? I am

currently having an almost identical

experience to what you described.

• Posted

hi

does your internal tremors gone??

mine is since last year from head to pelvic.shaking n head pressure is horrible

• Posted

hi ampat1

how is your headaches now is it like a head pressure, mine neurologist said its migraine with auro n it's kind of head pressure, since last year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.