Perimenopause is a crock, a little humor....

Posted , 11 users are following.

For years i had heard that my 30s and 40s were supposed to be the best time of a womans life! She is supposed to be in her "prime" and enjoying the years (tears more like it) of her life when typically kids are supposed to be leaving home and what not, not to mention she is supposed to be feeling her sexiest....um i dont think so! My 20s i felt my absolute best! I had tons of energy, had a healthy appetite and I literally glowed without having to be pregnant (although i did have two of my kids during this time) and mt sex life was amazingly wonderful....had i known all if this i would have savored that decade for every second that i could but no i had to listen to some women i knew and movies stating "wait till you hit your 30s its a wonderful time!" So...i was excited....until i hit the age of 32 and something horrible began to happen...it began with one symptom, then 4, then 50....now im 41 and i dont recognize the woman staring back at me! I have no sex drive....hell i try to have sex to please my husband and oh my gosh is it so painful even with lubrication, i feel like puking 23.5 hours of every day, my hair is brittle & frizzy, im skin & bones, i feel like a furnace is inside me one minute then the next im chilled to the core, im anxious more times than not....and energy...what is that??? I havent had energy since flip phones were big! I feel screwed out of this "beautiful sexy" time of a womans life! What in the world did i do that was so horrible that im cursed with the worst side of perimenopause that i never ever heard about, i ask myself! Lets face it ladies, perimenopause is a crock and there is nothing beautiful or natural feeling about this time in a womans life..i want a damn do over.....whos with me!!

4 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Mam ur right me too never think in my dreams that peri will be that much horrible..My aunts and some elder friends donot have horrible symptoms...never heard they r not feel good..just few headaches ....i heard only when periods stops woman face some problems thats too in 50 ..never had idea Peri is like this ..who change my full life..left my Proff Job..home bound.

ur right me too think my 20 best time completed studies joined job got married then i thought 30 will be relaxed and i will travel and explore word fulfill my dreams... but at my late 30 my peri start..and its still going....

Facing sooo many symptoms ..off balance and dizziness issues r scary ..i left my job..home bound .

Hoping for better days

Hugs

• Posted

Im housebound too....i just feel so terrible every day all day....just like today my whole mid section feels jittery, im afraid to eat cause it feels queasy and just not right. There is no way i could ever work having this crap! I cant even go to get my groceries, eye exam....my drivers license needs to be updated but i live 30 mins from any town so just driving there sends me into a tailspin panic, i will feel even more nauseous and dizzy...this is awful! all of my aunts and my grandma, my mom and my sister are all chubby and dont know what im talking about when i say how sick and awful i feel!

• Posted

amen sister. a do over. mine started at 43 and I am 47 now. i have experienced so many of the awful symptoms and each year brings new ones and brings the anxiety and worries along with them. i have the dreaded boob squish on monday. i prob wont eat for a few days bc i will be so stressed. it doesn't matter if its routine blood work, a blood pressure check or what...i always think I'm dying of something terrible. The mental/psychological part of all this is way worse than any physical symptoms for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.