Perimenopause/Menopause and HRT Comments appreciated

Posted , 8 users are following.

Wow, I 've never read about such a controversial subject in my life. I am done with these symptoms, I am no longer me, anxiety has taken over, I have no joy de vivre! My moods are low, I am freezing on the inside, like a shiver through your whole body, then I am ripping my sweater off. I can't think straight, I easily overwhelmed, I had from any social encounter, I hate myself.

Sex feels like sandpaper and everythings is drying up. Try to explain that to your husband, He's got to feel a little rejecting and insecure/ Its so painful I can't do it, I am plagued by urinary tract infections every time we use a lubricant. Or nothing they are just back to back urinary tract infections, lack of estrogen so I've read. My doctor gave me estrace 2mg, I came home and go scrared. I am 50 years old and they say the younger you start the less risks. He doesnt seem to be concerned and says he will monitor me closely. My confusion is when do you need both hormones? I have to revisit him obviously with all my questions? I still have a uterus, no period because I had and endometrial ablation. Then I started to use progestrone cream giving by a naturopath thinking he knows better than my gyne.

What a mistake that was, my anxiety was through the roof, I developped acne, irritable, and I got my period again when i stopped. Great! Oh and the most painful periods in a very long time. Then I reasearch never take progestrone cream alone it really messes up hormones. My god I have to be a doctor. Going back to see gyne with all my questions, feel like I can trust him, and will try the hrt. I can't go on like this , I have to live my life

Hope this helps, my heart goes out to any of you who suffer the sam

If anyone is on hrt and can tell my some great benefits, energy, no more painful sex, Please Please share

4;10 am the insomnia is another problemsad

Thanks

Nicole

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I can only speak from my experience but I've been on HRT patches Evoril Conti for 12 years and feel great and no problems.i was worried initially so cut my dose to half patch twice a week .i have been on this since I was 50 .i went on initially because I had repeated UTIs and since taking HRT have been fine.Did think I should come off but each time I try have sleeping and mood problems .I think HRT is worth the small increase in health risk if your doctor agrees go for it !
    • Posted

Hi Jane

thanks for the reply, Are you in canada, hoping that's availabe to me,

what strenght if you don't mind, Patches better than pills cause it by passes the liver from what I read. How do you cut patch in half, (silly question) and you change it twice a week? Is that right?

thanks so much

very appreciatedbiggrin

• Posted

Hi Nicola - I wish I could give you a big hug! I have heard about a natural tablet called 'Femular', I looked it up yesterday & its seems you can purchase this via an Australian web site, which is what I will be doing! It has been scientifically proven & seems very promising, helps hot flushes, dryness & sex drive?

I also take each evening 'Osteocare it has Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc & Vir D. The magnesium is good for sleep aid  & B6 100mg which is good for moods (I take this in the morning.

I worry about HRT as they say when you stop taking them you get all the sytems back again, thats unfair as I thought they would breeze you through it?

I hope you do get some help from your doctor but do goggle 'Femular' it does sound good?

• Posted

Hi Barbara, 

osteocare, is that a prescription? Femular online, expensive,

I'll check it out! The insomnia is insane, I adopted a baby who had no home and is now six. I need my life back lol!

eek

• Posted

Hi Nicole - the Osteocare you can buy from Boots or Morrisons its only about £3.00 & gives you the correct amount of Cal,Mag & D3

The Femular is 20 dollars the website is ____ they may charge post/package. 

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

I have just been prescribed the  Evoril Conti (did loads of research and have read patches is the better option) Will be start using them hopefully next week.

Regarding your insommia I use a night time Magnesium spray (which has relaxing oils inside it) about 30 mins before I go to bed an it gives me a really nice restful nights sleep.  You can purchase online!!

Good luck and massive hugs to you Nicole!!

Joy xxlol

• Posted

hi Nicole

why don't you try menapol plus x. 2

calcium and vit D 

B6 at least  100- 150mg 

Vit B eases aches pains and my anxiety just went on B6 its amazing 

jarrows B12 5000mcg for energy 

Vit E 

etc etc 

look at estriol Ovestin vaginal cream ...just a little estriol the kinder of the estrogens

the one they say doesnt enter uterine wall and breast tissue ..

thats my choice ..

it can be used minimally .. I tried it half the amount and twice weekly ..

or once weekly .. 

i am not into HRT at all.. Had 9-10 natural peri and post meno now..

but this would be my choice of simole gentle HRT as well as all the supplements ..

it will ease the vaginal dryness ... 

Jay xx

• Posted

Thanks Jay

what is menapol plus x 2?

Health food store supplement

I am on B vitamins 

I heard of the estriol vaginal cream, that's one of my questions, this is a prescription right?

What do you mean had 9-10 natural peri?

• Posted

hi Nicole 

i dont know where your from..

menapol plus is a natural peri menopause supplement 

theres also Estroven Max thats fab i was on that for years ..

i had a 9 - 10 year natural menopause i meant to say .. 😃

but ovestin Estriol i will use its the gentle estrogen .. Vaginally ..

i wouldnt touch Estradiol cream ...  And never oral tablets ...

Theres also Gynest thats Estriol thats a weaker one ..

in spain they are over the counter .. Not sure in other countries .

however i have been recommended this Estriol Ovestin by my lovely Gyno as he knows i dont want full HRT and this is the best option for me a little gentle Estriol estrogen and can be used with just half the amount ..

theres a plunger you fill with cream its fills to about an inch of cream ..

i fill to half ( hakf the measure ) and only use twice a week or once a week its enough ..

also Gynest .. Thats weaker estriol cream 

jay xx

• Posted

Hey Jay you said it again....'lovely gyno'....cripes take a pic of this man so we can rest! hahahahaha
    • Posted

That and drool. Sounds like make a good desktoop picture. Pin-up gynae smile
    • Posted

hahahahahaha

he was lovely ... but in his manner and understanding and professionalism..

good looker too..

oooooo errrrr i am having a flush redface

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Taz 

😃

hope your okay today 😀

i am off out later for some evening shopping therapy 😃

need some provisions ... cupboard is bare 😥

jay xx

• Posted

Yup.

My sister and I had fish and chips last night as she worked late, as in left house at 7.30am and got in at 9.30pm having not finished till 8.45pm.

Not good for the figure but tasty. smile

Hope still getting better each day

Taz xxx

• Posted

Hi Taz

cant remember what fish and chips tastes like 😓

use to like mushy peas with mine yummy..

Jay xx 

• Posted

My sister always has a pickled onion, me it is barbecue baked beans
    • Posted

Best not mention KFC then smile Mind you as they are American probably got it and the ubiquitous McD there smile
    • Posted

Hi Taz 

yes we have both here .. and burger king..

i dont like KFC 

or burger king 

on the rare occassion i have a mac donalds its always a happy meal for me 

i only manage small meals .. cant eat loads at once ..

i eat little and often .. got use to it now..

i have a big dish of red and green grapes here ..

jay xx

• Posted

If I do it's the cheesebuger happymeal and my sister has the chicken caeser salad. Wish I could but salad gives me terrible indigestion. Lettuce etc is nice but not on the fifth time of asking smile
    • Posted

I love deep fried pickles biggrin  maybe I am pregnant  cheesygrin
    • Posted

Who cares about professionalism when you have menopause haha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.