Perimenopause/Menopause and HRT Comments appreciated

Posted , 8 users are following.

Wow, I 've never read about such a controversial subject in my life. I am done with these symptoms, I am no longer me, anxiety has taken over, I have no joy de vivre! My moods are low, I am freezing on the inside, like a shiver through your whole body, then I am ripping my sweater off. I can't think straight, I easily overwhelmed, I had from any social encounter, I hate myself.

Sex feels like sandpaper and everythings is drying up. Try to explain that to your husband, He's got to feel a little rejecting and insecure/ Its so painful I can't do it, I am plagued by urinary tract infections every time we use a lubricant. Or nothing they are just back to back urinary tract infections, lack of estrogen so I've read. My doctor gave me estrace 2mg, I came home and go scrared. I am 50 years old and they say the younger you start the less risks. He doesnt seem to be concerned and says he will monitor me closely. My confusion is when do you need both hormones? I have to revisit him obviously with all my questions? I still have a uterus, no period because I had and endometrial ablation. Then I started to use progestrone cream giving by a naturopath thinking he knows better than my gyne.

What a mistake that was, my anxiety was through the roof, I developped acne, irritable, and I got my period again when i stopped. Great! Oh and the most painful periods in a very long time. Then I reasearch never take progestrone cream alone it really messes up hormones. My god I have to be a doctor. Going back to see gyne with all my questions, feel like I can trust him, and will try the hrt. I can't go on like this , I have to live my life

Hope this helps, my heart goes out to any of you who suffer the sam

If anyone is on hrt and can tell my some great benefits, energy, no more painful sex, Please Please share

4;10 am the insomnia is another problemsad

Thanks

Nicole

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

nicole 

ther are three oestrogens 

Estrace is Estradiol 

estrone (E1). 

estradiol (E2)

estriol (E3)

Ovestin vaginal and Gynest vaginal is Estriol .. The kinder one 

jay xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.