Perimenopause or Anxiety or ???

Posted , 253 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I recently joined this, my first ever forum, in the hope of gaining knowledge and sharing experiences on the strange symptoms I have been experiencing the last few weeks.

My first post focused on Anxiety and the possibility of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It has recently been brought to my attention, there is a possibility my symptoms could be hormone related. Something I never actually considered.

Brief list of symptoms...

Fatigue (groggy and heavy type tiredness)

Brain Fog

Feeling detached and 'spaced out'

Weak and Shaky

Jelly Legs

Weak Fingers and Toes

Sensitive to light and sound

Sometimes feels like I have flu or a bad virus (even though I know I don't)

Light Headed

Light Dizziness

Easily tired out

Occasional Palpitations

Frequent urination (occasionally)

Anxious (more so than usual)

Brief History...

I have had anxiety issues, on and off, for many years and also hormone induced migraines. This year the migraines are definitely worse and so too is the anxiety. I had an 8 day brutal migraine early/mid September, followed by 8 days of severe brain fog/dull fuzzy head. I haven't been the same since. I'm also wondering if my symptoms are migraine related? I've had 2 full blood tests done and 2 urine samples taken. All came back normal/clear and healthy. I've also been to see an ENT consultant who ruled out an inner ear virus. He also checked my throat and balance. I had a full eye examination last week and my eyes are in great shape. I have an MRI booked next week and also an appointment to get an ECG recorder fitted for 48 hours.

My symptoms are so broad and general, it could be a number of things... I have even considered CFS. Now I'm thinking it could be hormone related? I feel more anxious not knowing what this is!

Is anybody experiencing anything similar?

Any replies/advice would be greatly appreciated x

27 likes, 1424 replies

1424 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I thought I was going crazy until someone suggested maybe I am perimenopausal....headaches, extreme anxiety, foggyness, dizziness, you name it........

Has anyone tried HRT - does it work?????

• Edited

Hi Hun the risks of hrt outweigh the benefits as hrt just tops up oestrogen it does not balance it out get ur blood tests done for a diagnosis I am on a low mg of propranolol and they have stopped the tremors and headaches try soya milk and magnesium have a glass of green veg and fruit juice every day vit b is supposed to help xx good luck Hun you are not alone in this nightmare zxx 
    • Posted

Hi deb

hope you pick up soon and your supplements work for you..

the tremors you have sound awful ..

i used Rainforest Maca 5.2 with success in my almost 10 years peri..

and Solgar Chelated magnesium is the good one as no laxative effect.

one in morning and one at bedtime as it also relaxes you and aids a restful sleep.

Vit E is very very helpful

B12 boosts energy if a high mcg like 5000mcg in stregth 

the best was Vit B6 .. I take 150mg daily and this eases all the anxiety and aches, shakes, and feelings of dread ..

we lack this during this time ..

bones must be thought about ..

Calcium and Vit D important 

i also take natural Menapol Plus x 2 daily 

i too let nature take its course the natural way..  

good luck hun

jay xx

• Posted

Hi there

Thanks for the info I will defo get onto it the scary thing is that each time I have a meltdown I have some terminal illness this month I have a brain t or canc ... I can't even say it I'm on holiday at the mo in Malta and just walked into a glass door smashed up my eye and had a major panic attack the brain fog is horrid words come out of my mouth and not my brain very weird the insomnia is ageing me fast I can go for days on no sleep xx two yrs on I'm still here Mother Nature can be a tad cruel at times zxx hang in thier Hun xx keep in touch ladies this forum keeps me sane xxxx lol

• Posted

Oh debbie 

hope your okay.... blame the door ... 😯

have a nice day 

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Tanya,

No, you are NOT going crazy....we ALL are! LOL....ok...I am being serious. You are not alone. 

I haven't tried HRT because I want to see if can take natural remedies or try alternate nostril breathing, meditation, yoga etc.

LInden flower is good as a tea. 

If you would like, try the low dosage of HRT. However, my Dr. told me that it does have side effects.

take care,

Misha 

• Posted

Did you ever get your side effects from your hormones straight or any kind of natural HRT? My anxiety is so bad it's caused me to have gastritis and it's gets painful.

• Posted

The b6 at 150 if it's too much it'll pass out through your urine and you shouldn't get too much of b12 1500mcg or b6 right? Anything natural sounds good to me because I take bp pill and clonazepam so I guess I have to be careful. I take the D3 and calcium and multivitamin too. Do these vitamins take awhile to notice a difference?

• Posted

Am feeling frustrated, depressed bc all of these symptoms,are labeled as anxiety, or "not peri symptoms." Yet I have nothing to be anxious about except these. symptoms!!! Compounding pharmacist said I don't think some of them were related to hormone imbalance and it just put fear in me again, like, maybe there IS something elsee, but all tests keep coming back clear. Need some hope...

• Posted

Hi Jayneejay,

Where do you get the Maca 5.2 bc when I google it, only Rainforest 5.1 shows up. Whats the difference? How many mg is it? Thanks. I am using Maca 500 Mg from health food store but not seeing much difference in symptoms.

• Posted

Hi because the anxiety just came on so suddenly I was just diagnosed with this. I did have a hormone test a few months into it which actualy confirmed I was not perimenopausal.but 10th months later they re took the test which this time told me i was !! I still have good and bad days re the anxiety. I also suffer from a foggy head and a general feeling of bein unwell. Tbh I'm sick of feeling ill
    • Posted

I'm having the same problem. High anxiety, gastritis, headaches etc. Did you ever get yours resolved and what kind of test did you do?

• Posted

Hello Julie,

Sorry your having a bad time, i completely know what your going through, I think my anxiety started when i got ill last year, i kept feeling i was going to faint which panicked me. I had all tests you could imagine but had to wait for them for months upon months and in the meantime became worse and i feel developed anxiety. Know i feel it was all part of perimenopausal symptoms being 51 now but this hasn't been confirmed yet. I go the my consultant on 7th Nov and will ask for my blood hormone level although i believe should have several tests as hormones fluctuate. If she says my hormone level is stable then i don't know what's happening to me. I feel so unbalanced most days which is very unnerving. I seem to get in a bit of a panic just trying to make a meal when iv come home from work perhaps because im so tired. I get nervous at work if anyone comes in and i have to stand with them as i feel i could faint but must say i haven't actually fainted cos i quickly sit down. The foggy head feeling is so weird its hard to describe and like you i generally feel weak and unwell every single day. Its so not far iv always has period problem and hormonal problem and now this, my sister who's 4 years older than me have not had a single symptom. We must tell ourselves we'll get through it even when times are hard. Stay calm and take care of yourself x

• Posted

Hi there. I've just come across this thread and it's been quite helpful and I was just wondering how you were getting on and if you ever got a diagnosis? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.