Perimenopause or GAD????

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I'm back again with a little confusion. I was already apprehensive or should I say anxious about my GP appointment today. I had a panic attack while I was there and just couldn't seem to calm down. He gave me a script for Ativan and said I need to relax. My anxiety this week has been through the roof. I've never had issues with anxiety but since all my other symtpoms started I have been on edge. I can't focus on my health because im always thinking that something is going to happen to me. I know the numerous tests tell me I'm ok but I can't shake the doom and gloom feelings. They just come out of nowhere. Does anyone else ever feel like the doom and gloom and is this normal? I am starting to think I have generalized anxiety disorder where im just out of sorts all the time.

2 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jamie, did you ever try batch flower? I know this post is older but I was just wondering if it worked for you.
  • Posted

Yep. All teh same things you are going through I am going through. 46 years old. started having really really really bad heart palps and panic and anxiety. Light headed and scared to death. Didn't want to be left alone and my husband was very kind and supportive. It happens when I lay down or first thing in the morning (thats the most worst time for me. I was prescribed Clonazepam. I am a total natural non pill taking person- I will even avoid aspirin if possible. I noticed on the 4th day of my period I get a reald bad migraine. Its like clock work. I think my supposed GAD is PERIMENOPAUSE. I did 3 EKG's but my heart wasn't flopping around at that time. Then I went to cardiologist and next is an echocardigram and holter monitor. I have completely stopped eating at restuarants and wont touch anything with "natural flavor" "MSG" or a whole bunch of other stuff becasue I think foods effect me. Cant touch coffee not even decaf or my heart goes irregular for 3 days. My insomnia at this point is off the chart. I literally have been on Clonazepam for about 15-16 days and am tapering myself off of it slowly due to all the stuff I read and plus you have to keep increasing the dose evetually and withdrawls people feel (some) say its worse than the panic and heart palps that got you there in the first place. Just trying to stop it cold turkey for one night showed me the reality of it. I am now reading BEYOND ANXIETY AND PHOBIA and working through a book called The Anxiety and Phobia workbook. I do have stuff on my mind and feel guilty for stupid stuff and can't deal with violent TV or even annoying maelevent cartoons. I just get really uneasy. I can't watch news or even discuss or read posts on politics (which I used to love) becasue its too argumentitive and mean spirited. BUT... I have been swimming and excercising and that does help a lot. But I still feel border anxiety panic some days for no really good reason (traffic, being late to an apoointment, talking too much to one person that talks a lot-could be anyone). I have had a few panic attacks in my life that I can count on one hand. But not for over 20 years. I loved reading all your posts becasue it makes me not feel like I am going insame and going to die. LOL I am drinking Passionflower Tea and then strecth in the am or work out or whatever and I am doing A LOT of deep breathing. Funny. Since I went to cardio I haven't had much heart palps. I try to calm my fear. I also found out that heart beats arent your heart actually beating. Its your valves closing! So Beats are silent. How about that? Thats sorta gave me a little peace. I am still not panic anxiety free and I can't sleep for nothing without Clonazepam but with Gods help and the self study, I am hopeful. Thank you!

• Posted

Hello Jamie

I'm so sorry your feeling this way, I can totally relate to what your saying. I'm anixious all the time about everything. I am in the later stages of perimenopause and I am so anxious all the time. I have health anxiety so I'm worried all the time that I think I'm gonna die from my symptoms as they are so severe.

Please don't feel you are alone as there is a lot of us going through this awful time.

Please contact me again if you want to talk more.

Linda xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.