perimenopause without hrt?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies

Im desperate to hear from anyone that has got through menopause or perimenopause hrt free.

Ive been in perimenopause eight years im now 48. Im struggling big time and although I dont want to go on hrt im desperate. I fel that im not going to make it through without. Im miserable every day too many symptoms to list and no one wants to be around me. I dont even want to be round myself. Im hearing lots ofcwomen say to go on hrt as they couldn't live without it but I want to hear some hope from women that it can be done. This is my last hope x

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello,

I'm 49 and also trying to get through this without HRT.  I can't really offer you any advice but just wanted to say I know what you are going through.  What are your worse symptoms?  Mine at the momeny is heavy long periods.  They show up late and then never stop.

• Posted

I have also suffered with anxiety and over the past 6 years have also had the palpitations.  I actually woke with them this morning and thought maybe I was getting a bit anemic from the bloss loss.  It can be very scary.
    • Posted

Yes I was diagnosed aneamic but since being on iron its bck to normal. I just really want to know if its possible to make it through without hrt. Im seriously doubting it can now tbh x
    • Posted

I am determined not to have HRT, just the thought of taking it scares me.  It will end eventually, we just have to hang in there.  Why don't you want HRT?
    • Posted

Not sure really just the side effects and actually getting it right as I still have periods I would need combined. But to be honest im scared of everything these dayssad

Im on a low dose AD but I really am beginning to think I wont make it through withoutaalthough I would love to. Its been eight years its wearing me down x

• Posted

I'm the same, scared of everything.  I started taking an iron supplement this morning, it's only 14mg and I panicked taking that.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

until rescently say a year or so I associated my peri symptoms with severe pms until I read different blogs & then this forum. Im 47 now & have probably been suffering alot longer than a year. Im trying to stay away from HRT or other drugs as I havent enjoy the side effects of antidepressants, oral contraception ect. I havent tried HRT but have read some womens positive reports. Today has been the better day of many bad days in a row. Ive chillied out put my feet up(not always posssible) and read many other posts. I think my complaining/sharing on-line has helped relax me & Im wondering if its chilled the symptoms. 

This morning I felt alone, uncared about & all the other horrible symptoms untill I started 'comparing notes' could be just a coincidence but Im feeling better even the aches & pains dont feel so bad. Roll on the next lot.

• Posted

Hi ive been through hrt free, not the best of times its got to be said, on reflection. About ten years from start to finish for me. During that time i was(still am) taking omega fish oil, cod liver oil, and evening primrose oil, personally i think these helped but thats just me. Recently i was diagnosed low b12 and now need injections. they cant say for sure that it was my heavy  periods and going through such a stressful, anxious time which caused it, but had i known that taking a good quality b12 supplement might have prevented it I would have done so. So ladies i would try it, it is also an energy booster if nothing else(or supposed to be!lol).

think there also has to be a bit of strong mindedness to it as well- i will not let this get the better of me! Attitude.

• Posted

Mines been eight years so far. But seems to be at its worst this year. Could it be im coming to the end?

So nice to hear from someone who has been through it without hrt. Thank so much for replying x

• Posted

I'm post menopause by 3.5 years and going to the doctors again in a minute 😭 It does improve but does come back in spells I am afraid. I've not used HRT
  • Posted

I take flax with great results.    My body was starting to go on a roller coaster ride, and I started taking 1000 mg of flax  two or three times a day. This did wonders to balance my hormones. You notice a result into three weeks.

if sleep is a problem taking calcium and magnesium together also help. Also helps for mood swings.  

my night sweats even came under control. Good luck I hope this helps you take care. 

• Posted

I am 47 and going through this with out HRT. I am so confused because psych meds do not help me and yesterday with having my heart pound fast and palpitations i don't know if it would be safe for me to be on the HRTs 

Just don't know what to do anymore questioncry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.