period changes

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. I have been having lots of peri symptoms for some time now. Ended up going back on citalopram last month for anxiety. My periods have been changing the last few months but this month i took about 5 extra days to stop showing then anout 10 days later i have started showing again but only a small amount and then nothin for a day and so 0n.....feel like i am gonna start a petiod but its still a week early. Is this normal??

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had to have an ablation because of heavy periods, it was awful. Ablation was wonderful.   I'm on prozac for depression right now.  HRT for sleep.  I've been through hell.  Periods that are erractic I understand are normal during perimenopause. I also have debilitating fatigue.  I hope this ends soon.  Life changing but I have a family so I soldier on.

I wish there was auto correct on this forum. 

• Posted

right before i stopped i had very heavy periods then i had when i wiped it was there  after that it stopped completely i have been going through so much aching arms anxiety feeling doomed lord i pray daily for it to all go away soon it's crazy what we as women go through good luck im here if you have any questions i've experienced a lot so far 
  • Posted

Thank u for sharing your experiences. It is just stressful with this almost daily occurence then nothing.....i am a worrier anyway so guess i just need to know others have experienced the same thing xxx the
  • Posted

Dear Lorraine for someone who had regular periods for no more than five days long my periods when i was approaching 51 went from bleeding for a week stopping then starting then spotting. Some months it seemed like i was bleeding all month be it just spotting. It is a very anxious time i know, i made sure my smears were up to date and even had uterus biopsy to check that just for peace of mind but as we enter menopause periods will be affected x
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I feel a little more assired now i know i am not alone x
    • Posted

Yes it can be a scary time, i am a worrier too, i thought i would sail through this after having two perfect pregnancies, but health anxiety got me in the end! Having gastitis didnt help and i felt so alone and worried that something was wrong with me! This site really helps, i have found with this peri/meno the symptoms come and go, it seems like a gradual progress until we reach the other end, the worse thing is feeling scared and alone that we are the only ones going through it, but of course we arent! Xx
    • Posted

I agree pinkcat fairy

It feels like such a lonely scary time. I too developed health anxiety in perimenopause. It sucks. I keep getting tight chested and feel like im not getting enough air which freaks me out. Im scared to do anything for fear of getting breathless. Even though ive had a heart monitor chest xray and ecg I still keep thinking something terrible is wrong with me. I know a lot of it is anxiety and I am aneamic but sometimes just walking up the stairs makes me so fatigued. I work as a carer in the mornings and im pretty much good for nothing for the rest of the day. I get so depressed cause im a mother of five grown up children have always worked and been active but the past eight years this perimenopause has robbed me of any normality. Anyone ine else suffered this fatigue and breathlessness or is it just mesad

• Posted

It is so nice to share experiences with people who understand. It makes a huge difference to know people have similar things going on x
    • Posted

Yes I think my symptoms may be due to anxiety although I know being aneamic doesn't help but in iron tabs so should be feeling better. Anxiety does play a big part in our peri symptoms.

Thak God for this site and the lovely ladies here x

• Posted

Dear Michelle I have had the breathlessness before it comes and goes especially when I am talking it is like I have to catch my breath, like i said it comes and goes xx
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. It is really unsettling but I suppose I just have to accept its anxiety related x
    • Posted

Thanks hun

Nice to know im not completely losing the plot. I have to say the breathlessness palpitations and anxiety have got to be by the worst sad

• Posted

I have had the breathless thing! I was reading something to my dad & then I couldn't catch my breath I couldn't breath went all weak, felt quite strange it was really scary 😞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.