period changes

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. I have been having lots of peri symptoms for some time now. Ended up going back on citalopram last month for anxiety. My periods have been changing the last few months but this month i took about 5 extra days to stop showing then anout 10 days later i have started showing again but only a small amount and then nothin for a day and so 0n.....feel like i am gonna start a petiod but its still a week early. Is this normal??

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Lorraine

Bless you - we certainly go thought don't we?

For last year I have had symptoms the sane as yours. I was referred for a pelvic & scan, which showed a reading that raised concerns, this I have established since was the endometrial thickness., reading 5.9mm I understand anything >5 is has to be investigated. Ultimately only a few weeks later I was referred to gynaecologist. I've had a hysteroscopy & endometrial biopsy plus polyp removed (under local) the results show I have endometrial hyperplasia - at the simple stage with no cancerous situation. Today I've had a Mirena fitted to ensure I have a build up of progesterone as that's what causes the issue... If all else fails I may need a hysterectomy, although I want to avoid it.

I ramble on sorry. My point being its important to be checked but NOT to worry there are solutions out there. Reading all the many discussions. WE are NOT ALONE OK?

I'm 50 & I think peri menopausal so that all has an effect on our anxieties.

Here if you need to chat. Keep talking & remember we are all different but common theme is we all are going through a change.

Best wishes x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.