period continues

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Ladies, i have just been reading on menopause matters and now feel  anxious. I have had a period now for 26 days  none stop. I am not bleeding heavy all the time but, have flooded several times then spot for a few days then bleed more, then spot again. When i say spotting  it remains red and i have to wear a pad but, it is like it is going to end  but, it doesn,t. I have seen my Gynae last week and she has taken a sample and given me a prescription for 2 medications. Reading on menopause matters bleeding like this can be a sign of cancer so freaking out a little, This change has suddenly occured. My periods are normally 5 days, they have been irratic over the last 18 months  being every 3 weeks then 6 weeks then back to 3. Anyone else like this? I have been given leaflets on ablation and the coil and have to think about what i want when i go back in a couple of months. sad

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there, 

ive been having bleeding issues for the last couple of months, had pelvic ultra sound Monday, radiographer was not concerned by my scan, said I had a couple of fibroid and slightly thickened endometrium, said I could put up with heavy periods or go to Drs for treatment, she sent report back with no notes, but my dr decided to fast track me to a gynocologist, and said I have ademyosis, a fibroid and my endometrium is thicker to 14 mm  on day 18 of my cycle, now I have read that this is still in normal range and the other 2 conditions are benign, so as you can imagine I'm going out of my head right now with worry, so I know how you ladies feel, so hopefully we can help each other in this crappy part of our lives.

big hugs 

sherry xxxx

• Posted

Hi sherry try not to worry, yeah right !!! But, it will only make anxiety worse, im just the same  worry all the time i hate it but try to distract yourself. Lots of women have  have fibroids i do, and lots of women have ademyosis, i am amazed i haven't as i have had 2 c sections which, increases the risk. Also many many women have  thick endometriums and most of the time all is normal, it is hormone related. You are going to be seen and checked out. I have  just finished a period which, lasted 27 days so have to think about having an ablation or the coil fitted, i am not sure what to do. I go back to see Gynae in 2 months.  Thinking of you , keep us posted xxxx

• Posted

I’ve had a c section. What is ademyosis? I don’t want to google it.
    • Posted

Hi Suzanne, it's where the uterine lining lodges in the uterine wall, and when you have a period, it can cause heavy bleeding and pain, it a benign condition, but can be painful, I have it apparently but I don't get bad period cramps, just found out through ultrasound. Xxxxx

• Posted

Thanks. Having my annual today and u/s next week. I finally stopped bleeding after three weeks with bad cramps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.