Periods for 3 weeks and still going - has anyone else suffered this - is it a sign of perimenopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am 5O years old turning 51 in February. My periods have always been regular (28 day cycle with period lasting 5-7 days). For the last several months they have been 2-5 days late or early.I had a period on the 20/9 lasting 6 days with some cramping and clotting. Then on the 31/10 I had spotting for 1 day. It wasn't until the 18/11/2018 that I ended up getting my period (basically missed a month) although it has been light. This went for 4 days then I had 2 days of nothing then light bleeding started again on the 25/11/2018. On the 28 and 29/11 had heavier bleeding (only 1 pad a day) and passed 2 larger clots. It has gone back to light bleeding which is still continuing (14 days +) . Has anyone experienced this. I am very concerned, and I am unable to get into my doctor until after Christmas -the middle of January. I don't really feel comfortable about seeing anyone else. Is this part of perimenopause or could it be more worrisome. I am hoping it is part of perimenopause as I have had other symptoms like sore breast and nipples, getting hot but not exactly hot flushes. facial hair, hair thinning, nails brittle, anxiety, mood swings. Please let me know if you have had prolonged periods.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How are you now?

• Posted

Hi Bassilini, Still about the same still have period and still worried sick. Received a text from the doctors office Monday requesting that I make an appointment to discuss results. Phoned them straight away and wasnt able to get in until tomorrow. Asked them if it was urgent that I see a doctor as we are really busy at work (with Christmas and all), She said no if it was urgent the Doctor would have phoned me personally. I sure am hoping she was right. Decided to schedule an appointment for tomorrow, Fingers crossed that their is no bad news. How are you going with everything?

• Posted

Hi Bassilli, Hope all goes well with your biopsy. Got my results yesterday from th GP - things don't appear that great. I am anemic and calcium a little lower than it should be. The ultrasound showed 6 fibroids of which 2 are quite large a cyst on the right ovary and thickening of the endometrium. Saw the Gyno today and has scheduled day surgery tomorrow for a D&C. This is now really freakin me out. Great Christmas present hey. Worry and more worry along with continual bleeding. Keep in touch how you get on. Thinking of you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.