Permethrin Resistant Scabies..Salt is killing the mites!

Posted , 29 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I see our discussion was deleted. Not sure why, but wanted to tell you that extended salt baths are working wonders for us. After 4.5 months, real breakthroughs are happening.

Also, if you can't get rid of the scabies, check your feet..somewhere they have a stronghold. I soak my feet for several hours a day in salt water to get rid of the stronghold.

May you be free in 2020.

4 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

If any of you are cured, please share your regimen.

• Posted

How is everyone doing? My brother and I are doing well. My brother more so than me since i previous was almost cured but reinfected myself via my hands and feet. I cleared my hands using caviwipe clothes. Everyday i scrubbed my hands with caviwipes and while it is not suppose to be used on skin i found it effective in killing / removing the mites. I am doing it on my feet, too, at the moment. Tsal on my feet overnight i think helps, too. If someone found something to cure their feet of these mites let me know! If you continuously have bites on your shin / lower leg then its your feet that keeps recontaminating you. I know this was the case for me.

My brother and I are trialing some oral scabies medication. So far it is slowly working. No new bites in 2 weeks while on the medication. So far 5 / 10 of my active mites have died while on this medication. Still 5 more to go so hopefully, we continue to see progress as the weeks go by. If this leads to a cure, i will definitely share with all of you.

• Posted

Daity,

Glad to hear an update. We are doing a 5 day round of crotamiton. I had a medical incident that caused a stroke like thing in my body. It ended being from a supplement I was taking (l-arginine in large doses per an article on NIH that I read to help my heart.) so until my facial paralysis heals up (and my myelin sheath is restored, then we will resume albendazole).

For my feet I've made great progress, thank God. I would say they are almost clear. I used oil of oregano and rosemary and eucalyptus. All three together in a carrier oil like castor applied multiple times a day (5% ooo, 20% rosemary, 22% euca) have been a great mite killer on my feet. Putting eucalyptus all over body with 11% concentration caused problems, so we won't be doing that again at that dosage).

What scabies oral medication are you taking?

• Edited

looks like any mention of albendazole is whats flagging these posts which is unfortunate because it has research studies backing it up even if its not officially approved. then again ivermectin isnt either. so im not sure where these moderators are drawing the line.

• Edited

i need help i cant get rid of these mites they are all over my body ive had 3 rounds of the oral prescription plus the cream , i have done the bleach ,i have had the house sprayed but they are still everywhere in my househow do i kill them in my house ? i have washed all clothes , bleached all the floors, but they keep coming back, i bought all new makeup, hair brushes , etc i need advice i feel like im going crazy plus they have made terrible marking on my face so i dont go out much now

• Posted

I am new here but have been suffering through this nightmare on my own now for over a year with doctors telling me I am crazy , that no way there is anything wiggling in my feet and when i put the scabies cream on it stops or can i soak them out for 24 hours with vinegar, they literally have me seeing crazy doc but will still treat me for scabies when it gets bad enough.

i have learned all the tricks to keep my skin looking fairly healthy but its exhausting, this is not a normal life .

i want them gone so bad . my feet and chest area are the worst , however they have gotten to my scalp. This is misery

• Posted

So it took 4.5 months of salt baths? no meds just that many baths for months and theyre gone? how many precisely everysingle night??

• Edited

hi all.

I've never dealt with anything like this in my life. I want to heal my skin and get these things out of my body. It is enough to make you crazy. I have been dealing with this for a few months, and grateful to find this thread where people were being honest about their struggle with these nasty demonic creatures. I created an account to interact with those of you here. I wish your initial discussion had not been deleted. but there was a lot of helpful information on it

What helped you rid your body of these demons? I am desperate and willing to try just about anything at this point. I've almost tried the bleach and borax baths but because of my unique allergies/asthma, I haven't yet. I have treated my body with permethrin cream, tea tree oil, hydrocortisone cream and spray and a few other 'natural' remedies.. I am constantly taking Benadryl and hydroxyzine to help with the itching. I read about the salt and Epsom salt baths and about to try that now. I welcome any and all feedback. Thank you

• Edited

after the permethrin cream did you still get new bumps everyday? thats whats been happening with me. took my second permethrin cream with oral ivermectin JUST last night. ive been vaccuuming everything in sight. washing drying all our sheets and pillows. mopping nightly. little bit of bleach everywhere! even bought a kettle bissell portsble steamer!!! treated this since oct 11. at first with permethrin..still been getting bumps!! even did 1 cup borax & 1 cup bleach baths for three nights in a row. threw in a bit of distilled white vinegar some baths too. purchased neem oil, tea tree and clove & coconut to make a paste tomorrow.

• Edited

and bought sulfur bar soaps at walmart use it every noght for shower or bath...... gave the salt bath a try two nights ago even exfoliated with salt in my hand in bath. burned but yet still getting new bumps lol. i tell my hub i wanna kill myself. Trying to enjoy the seasons and my god thanksgiving snd christmas are coming. i pray we can all get rid of this pestulence

• Posted

like thats another thing we all put the permethrin cream on, but is it supposed to be a thick layer or just thin? Because i think the prescription says thin layer. As time went by its like the cream physically dissappears.. we did do it to the T though....

• Posted

i want to be encouraging i think i see light at end of tunnel i have HAD to order ivermectin on-line no rx needed

i felt improvement after just 2 doses

from my PCP but he would not reorder ivermectin

pamplet in second batch suggested 12 mg dose

had just been taking one 3 mg pill over several days

*will not say how long i have struggled

i dont want to be discouraging . the mental anguish has been unbearable

early-on, i started sleeping with my blow dryer on to keep air circulating at night. does help me to get sleep

i wash my clothes and bedding in Tide powders and Ammonia

i have lost everything . i lost my faith, but found it by being honest with just one other person about this struggle. too ashamed to share.

have been called delusional, referred to psychiatrist knew better than to go. i knew this was real..

once i sprayed a few drops of goo-gone product on my arm. i saw several mites which i had never seen before.

i bought a shirt that says

"never give up"

that's been the hardest thing to do, to not give up

i got feelings deep deep down inside and as this disease goes away my raw feelings will reveal themselves a day at a time.

A beautiful life has been interrupted. i have been disrespected and insulted especially by ignorant physicians, but also by my own family members.

i have just kept my head down and kept pushing on, because i KNEW i did not have delusional parasitosis.

no we don't

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.