Permethrin Resistant Scabies..Salt is killing the mites!

Posted , 29 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I see our discussion was deleted. Not sure why, but wanted to tell you that extended salt baths are working wonders for us. After 4.5 months, real breakthroughs are happening.

Also, if you can't get rid of the scabies, check your feet..somewhere they have a stronghold. I soak my feet for several hours a day in salt water to get rid of the stronghold.

May you be free in 2020.

4 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

What do you mean by spray once? Can you direct message me the spray you are using? Thanks

• Posted

Hello my beautiful people! greetings from Staten Island and I sincerely hope you are well and getting there.. Has anyone tried a higher concentration of the permethrin perhaps 10% or 37% concentration? also I found an enzyme cleaner on Amazon that is their brand (amazon basic). it was 17 dollars and has the same ingrediants as kleen free or kleen green that cost between $54 dollars and $90, however it has alcohol which may be good for surfaces and bedding. I hope your all ok and still hanging on. blessings

• Posted

Hello team, yea i've tried higher concentrations of permethrin. There's Martin's brand 10% permethrin sold on amazon that some people have used to make their own cream. I wouldn't use more than 10%. I've used it a few days in a row and started to get permethrin toxicity (same symptoms has malathion toxicity) - nausea, headache, some vertigo, etc. So I wouldn't recommend doing trying higher than 10% for more than 1-2 days. If that doesn't work then means the mites are resistant to it. I've heard some people use it once a week for several weeks and I think the theory behind that is that it mobilizes them so when they shower it washes off. I've tried this also but no definite success. Plus there are other safer things to use (like kleen free) that can 'mobilize' them without the side effects.

• Posted

i came upon a parasitology text book and read that anecdotally, a home remedy treatment for scabies was an sir tight occlusive dressing. Considering that scabies need to breathe and they need to travel in order to mate / reproduce, why not smear an occlusive ointment over the mite burrow and put on an air tight dressing like a tegaderm. This ointment will not dry and will trap the mites under the skin and prevent them from leaving their burrow and also prevent them from breathing. I figure leave this dressing on for a week or so and the mite should die due to asphyxiation. Thoughts?

• Posted

I read that a doctor in a thrid world country said castor oil is a good oil for them to not breath. She mixed it with 10% rosemary..which draws them out and the castor drowns them. That is in my big cabinet of things to try...haven't needed to yet because other things seem to be working. If i try it I'll let you know.

• Posted

Hey gang

Any updates on how all of you are doing?

I have stopped taking high dose Albendazole since it caused my liver enzymes to become critically elevated since i was taking more than twice the daily max dose. On the plus side, it nearly completely eradicated all of my scabies lesions. I still have maybe a few maybe 2 active lesions but i am tackling them hard to prevent them from spreading. Once my liver enzymes return to normal then i am considering doing another round of it but probably not as high of a dose.

Considering scabies have become resistant to topical medications I have focus on killing them through physical means rather biochemically. They only have a life cycle of 6 weeks, so if we can prevent them from reproducing then their time is limited. I have been using an occlusive dressing to trap them in one place. This accomplishes a few things. One, if the females have not already been impregnated by the males, then it traps the male out. No fertilization means no new mites. The female will eventually die. I have been experimenting with a variety of solutions to use under the tegaderm but after a day the fluid tends to leak out. Currently i am using hydrogen peroxide gel and it is showing some benefit.

I have also been using heat. I boil water and put it into a glass jar. I put a thin fabric over my skin and press the jar against my skin for 20 minutes. So far this is the one thing i have done that effectively kills them right away.

My brother is doing well, too. About a month ago before he had 30 or more lesions. Now he has about 3 active lesions. The albendazole almost cured both of use but we both got reinfected and Albendazole is only effective against adults. The juveniles that reinfected us are now adults and we suspect the residual albendazole in our system is knocking them down as each day our lesions are slowly clearing up.

Considering topical medications do not work, we have been doing research on oral medications to treat scabies / mites. We will be trialing them in the next few weeks and I will post results if they prove favorable. DM me if you are curious on what we are doing since i don't want to post it just yet.

• Posted

Hello,

I am glad you and your brother got your liver levels checked. It is a delicate balance, isn't it?

I have to say that albenza is also our ticket out of scabieland. I believe there are topicals that kill them because we've had much success recently with them as we await our next round of albenza.

We have just wrapped u p 10 day of camphor. It was a REALLY huge help in bringing the numbers down. We did higher concentrations..100 percent on the areas where we had troubles..and guess what..the mites began popping out..in spots where there were not bites. They were stealth and biting several inches over from where they were camping out.

Also, I began 50% cedar after the camphor. It works really well too. I had used 10% cedar before and it helped, but 50% is a killer of scabies. Every day I wake up with less and less of them crawling on me.

We begin again our round of albendazole this week. The pharmacy we ordered it from was several weeks delay. Albenza/albendazole gets the mites out of the skin. You need a good topical to kill them or else they'll hang out on top for the three day course. We also use the far infrared sauna as they hang out on the skin and that kills them too.

I'd recommend buying a far infrared heating pad, that works great for targeted areas as well.

So I think we're breaking free after 5 1/2 months..we finally have the tools that are working for us. Thank you God!

Salycilic acid is the topical of choice for killing the mites for us. We do 6% prescription. I am working on how to make my own but am trying to find out what will dissolve the salycilic in to a lotion.

My feet were the colony..and just salycilic 6% alone is doing great things in reducing their numbers in my feet.

I am so glad we can all share what is working and pray that something we've hit on helps others.

God bless you all and don't give up!

• Posted

I wanted to say too that putting a dab of pure camphor oil on your bites takes them down in no time. It immediately kills the scabie.

• Posted

can you tell me how to get rid of them from scalp neck and face?

• Posted

i was able to get a handle on my scalp by using T-SAL shampoo by nuertragena, I also used a cvs brand that was more cost effective. i used it on my feet soles as a lotion and left it over night. my feet seek pretty good and clear. i am still fighting the battle though and it isn't over.

• Posted

I would use salicylic acid..you can use TSAL which has 3% salicylic in it.

Felicia on here leaves it in her hair overnight and she said that did it. I have started using 5% oil of oregano, 20% lemon and 75% castor oil and have noticed a huge quick difference.

• Posted

Hallo! How do you use salicylic acid when you tale albendazole? Do you spray it twice or more a day on the whole body for 3 days?

• Posted

we took it in a lotion. The kids use 3%. Husband and I used 6%. We applied it one time a day at night before bed

• Posted

all over from head to toe.

• Posted

Thank you. Did you find out how to dissolve salicylic acid in water ?

• Posted

yes! a pharmacist told me how to do it...worked great and much cheaper for 5 of us. PM me if you want to know. but you can buy 6 percent or less off amazon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.