Physical symptoms without feeling anxious?

Posted , 37 users are following.

Is it possible to still have symptoms of anxiety without being anxious or having a panic attack at the moment? I am constantly feeling the symptoms which actually MAKE me feel anxious. Like my body twitches nonstop, my body trembles, etc. It's such a bother and I wonder if any of you still get symptoms even if you're not anxious ?

7 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have those same feelings and I believe you can honestly. It's scary, very scary.
  • Posted

Totally get what you're saying. I still have the symptoms of anxiety even though I am not anxious. Like feeling dizzy, tension headaches, fatigue, eye strain and the worst depersonalization. Want to know if others are getting this too
    • Posted

Right! It's like I have to push myself to do anything because I feel so drained, it's horrible.
    • Posted

i have all this which throws me into a frenzy! super scary and i go into panic.
    • Posted

I am going through the same thing now. Physical symptoms without the anxiety. I get light headed, feel faint and then the flight symptoms of sweaty palms and heart racing starts. No reason, the feelings just hit me.  
  • Posted

I think it's because our nerves are oversensitive due to the years of stress and tension that we have been putting on them. The best we can do is let them be and not worry about it.

I know its easier said than done. But thats the only way imo. The important thing is to carry on our normal routine as we used to do. and hopefully these symptoms will fade away.

• Posted

I will try to carry on as normal. That's good advice, thanks. How old are you by the way if you don't mind me asking?
  • Posted

Glad to be of help smile

I'm 24 dude. Male, living in Pakistan. And the worst bit is that the people over here don't understand the pain that I've had to endure. My friends left me my family members think I'm faking all this and I need to pull my socks up.

I had my first panic attack in January this year due to a bad reaction to cannabis (I'm not going yo blame cannabis for this because I believe that this was in me and was bound to happen anyway) and I've been in hell ever since and the worst part is I don't even have anybody to comfort me in this time of need. But I realized that only I can help myself. It sucks being alone. But that is the only way I'm afraid.

Stay happy fella, life's to short to be worrying all the time. You'll get through this I'm sure. I understand your pain but just stay positive smile

• Posted

Absolutely!!! I have either DP or dizziness most of the time but I don't feel anxious. Our sub conscious knows it and tells our body, but our conscious has no clue!
  • Posted

Very interesting question.

I am on week 6 and 1/2 on fluoxetine 20 mg and I have not panic attacks and I am not anxious but I feel strange. Definitely I feel better than I was before but still I feel strange...Like I am expecting to get worse again...

A

• Posted

I no longer have anxiety and I still get them twitches every blue moon. My fingers no longer twitch,but I get the bubbles under the skin feeling. I only get them when I'm really really tired. I believe that once you start getting a good nights sleep,you'll start to get better. 
  • Posted

Hi,

I too constantly twitch and I mean everywhere, I also get an crawling sensation over my face and head, and tingling sensations throughout my body. Oh and my skin is breaking out, when never before from all this anxiety and health anxiety.

Hope this gives you some sort of resassurance. I have had loads of blood work, MRI of Head and Neck all clear.

Regards

Richard

• Posted

I have also had every test under the sun and everything is clear
  • Posted

Absolutely. Every day I have pain all over my body, migraines, sudden random pains in my joins, sometimes I can't even walk or I fall down. All that happens without being triggered by any situation that gives me anxiety. You're not alone!! After a while, you get used to it and it won't bother you anymore. What I find helps is just distracting myself with friends or with hobbies and not focusing or talking about your pain, or it'll get worse.
    • Posted

Eve55372 I would like to know with the words you used "pain all over my body" do you really mean it? I need to know cause I have pain in my back in my chest abdominal pain etc.Sometimes they go but they come back I would like to know if it's normal. I've been  in anxiety but now I don't feel anxious but I still have symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.