Physical symptoms without feeling anxious?

Posted , 37 users are following.

Is it possible to still have symptoms of anxiety without being anxious or having a panic attack at the moment? I am constantly feeling the symptoms which actually MAKE me feel anxious. Like my body twitches nonstop, my body trembles, etc. It's such a bother and I wonder if any of you still get symptoms even if you're not anxious ?

7 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I just started having ALL of those symptoms you described.  Were you ever able to remedy your situation?  This is quite unnerving to me and I'm looking for answers. 
  • Posted

I too am experiencing the symptoms of panic attacks without any panic or worry. Get light headed and feel like I'm going to pass out, then heart starts racing and I get sweaty clammy palms. I've been checked for heart issues, all clear and drs keep saying its anxiety. Scary and worrisome as there is no trigger event and the only thing I'm really anxious about is my health. It's been 6 months straight with issues almost everyday. Zoloft doesn't seem to be helping.  I need to find something that will help. This is getting bad.

• Posted

I'm suffering from anxiety disorder + health anxiety + fear for hospital vvisits for almost 20 years!!!  IThe imapct is huge, it even limited my traveling (especially when I'm alone. I'm trying to live healthy and eat healthy. Unfortunately I grew up in a family with many diseases like diabetes and heart disease so each time I feel chestpain I end up in the emergency room waiting for another ECG tests which shows no signs of heart attack. However there were years of my life where I never suffered from any attack.  I believe good social support from family and friends is important + living happy and satisfied is the secret for a healthy well-being. 

Talking with people during the attack is a good relief tell the what you feel at that moment, you will see how quickly the symptoms will disappear. 

Be confident and never feel ashamed, we're all just human 

• Posted

I do too.  I tremble constantly - a very minor tremor that makes me a little clumsier than usual, dizziness, mental fog, and the absolute worst, depersonalisation.  I'm always tired as well, and randomly close to tears even though I don't feel consciously stressed.  My muscles are really tight.  My memory is also worse than it used to be, and sometimes I struggle with words.  I haven't had any MRIs, but because my balance is fine, everything is equal (no one limb worse than any other), I can still do tumbling at gymnastics and get good marks at uni, it's clear there is nothing deeply wrong.  These symptoms are a vicious circle i.e. the more you feel them, the more anxious you get, so the more you experience them, and so on...

I intend to visit a psychologist soon (and officially rule out any other causes of my symptoms).  It may help you to do the same?

Stay strong smile

• Posted

I too am wanting to know about this. Twitching all over, dizziness, numbness. Doctor's all too keen to say 'it's anxiety' and prescribe benzos without even doing any tests. I've never had any anxiety issues and never felt stressed or anxious. This has been going on for months now and shows no sign of stopping. It's now ruining my current life.

• Posted

It's past 3.30am on a Monday morning for Christ's sake. I should be fast asleep, not just woken up searching symptoms on the internet yet again :-( But the muscle twitches have other ideas.

• Posted

It isnt going to calm you at all. You know that right. Half the stuff ismwring and the ither half no dr ever knows what your talking about, and  they will act like you are the only ever to mention it. Sometimes we all getbstuff that is so bizare that they just stare at you. Interstingly all thenforums seem to be aware of some of the weirder symptoms but its all frustrating iver all and at times maddening, so save yourself and not google stuff. Out in a mediatatiin amd try to relax instead.  
  • Posted

Hi unlucky7. Yes, you can have the symptoms of anxiety without feeling anxious. I often have physical symptoms, such as tightness of chest, and chest pain, tingling sensations, obsessive need to swallow, etc. But I rarely feel anxious to begin with. Only after feeling the symtoms, do I feel mentally anxious. It must come from a subconcious level. Seek a psycologist, it will help smile
  • Posted

I too get the symptoms without being anxious. Just hits me out of nowhere. My first episode was back in Jan. Heart racing, shaking afterwards. FREAKED ME OUT. Since then. Crazy symptoms. All the ones everyone's talking about here. Latest one for me is muscle twitches and a stranger vibrating feeling on my right leg. Like if my phone is vibrating in my pocket. HATE THESE FEELINGS. Don't wish these feelings on anybody. We just have to eat right, think positive and pray this ugly thing away. I pray for everyone who has this. JUST BE POSITIVE.

• Posted

Just got the cell phone in the pocket feeling this week. Thought it was totally odd. I got the feeling then actually felt to make sure I didn't have my phone in my pocket, which I didn't. Can't believe you have that one too. Least we know we're not crazy. Cheers 

• Posted

Yes. We are not crazy. Haven't posted here in a bit. Been feeling pretty good. No more twitches, vibrating in my leg. Just avoiding it. I guess.

• Posted

I heard some where this is quite common. The body behaves as if you're in danger and is trying to convince the brain of that. They say the best way to overcome this is to ignore it. The harder you resist or fight it the more intense and longer the panic attack is. I know it's much easier said than done. I'm still working on ignoring the symptoms. I need more practice.

• Posted

Glad to see someone responding info this year! I too have had physical assumptions with no panic for about a week now. I do notice they are getting milder and less frequent with each day, butt they are so hard to ignore. The subconscious can be so cruel sometime. I'm going to take up some mindfulness classes that I think will help. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.